Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Starfleet NCO Ranks (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Starfleet NCO Ranks
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to a Klingon dictionary I downloaded a long time ago (I don't know if it's the Klingon Dictionary, but it's based off it, if nothing else), "beq" == "crewman".
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a crewman in Star Trek? Since when? I've never appeared on any of the shows Hehe!

So what is a "bekk"?

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah . . .
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
That's some serious research, and would seem to match the canon data very well. Also, I see little reason to bump a Bajoran General down to the level of a Starfleet Fleet Captain - Generals should be flag officers (Admirals in Starfleet parlance) in all the naming systems.

Yep, some serious research and yeah, the Bajoran General is way too low.

quote:
The Romulan system looks all right to me, based on what precious little we know of it so far. One could, however, insert the putative rank of Sub-centurion there as well, and thus fill the gaps in comparison with Starfleet ranks (Centurion=Lt.Cmdr, Sub-centurion =Lt).

Naw - too many "subs" then.

quote:
The Cardassian system could be more complex than shown, for the simple reason that . . .

Mmm, I had originally thought that there were only two ranks - Gul and Glinn. Could be weong.

quote:
The Klingon system is of course a total mess (not because you'd have messed it up, but because Paramount did).

Can't and won't argue with ya there!

Sorry for dragging this old thread but I was doing some more research and remembered this - a real bugger to find in all of these threads - perhaps a mini search engine could be created to make searching for topics a little easier? Just a thought . . .

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont see why we think alien systems have to have the same number of grades ours does (the Bajorans seem to lack lieutenant colonels for one thing, or Kira impressed the hell out of somebody).. So maybe their colonels get to wear flag uniform duds like the generals because the bajorans consider that rank important.. kind of like an equivalent rank 'fleet post captain is pretty important among his crew of commander and lower grades.. or maybe Li Nalas was special because he was the Navark

And Navy and army ranks existing altogether in the Klingon system? We actually do that.. if you go aboard a US Navy ship you have the ships Captain , XO maybe a Commander, and whos in charge of the marines on board? a colonel, or a major or some other marine rank, and a whole bunch of privates and corporals and sergeants.. maybe its a fleet and youd have an admiral as OTC -officer in tactical command- and a general tagging along? The marines use different ranks but are actually part of the Navy Department because they sail with them

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps