Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Crazy Admirals (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Crazy Admirals
Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me, or did towards the end of TNG (7th season)and the end of DS9, that all of the Admirals went crazy and started doing things that were against Federation/Star Fleet law? A good example of this is Adm. Pressman and the phase cloak (TNG: The Pegasus), which by terms violated the treaty of Algeron. Another good example is Adm. Leyton, who tried to initiate a coup against the Federation (DS9: Paradise Lost).

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Star Trek magazine actually did a ststistic/pie chart on the issue.. it wasnt just at the end of those shows, they found that, statistically, a hefty percentage of admirals or flag officers seen on Star Trek went crazy or became criminals... even Kirk, when he became an admiral, ended up stealing a ship and blowing it up.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And even Voyager continued this trend: Admiral Janeway and her little trip back in time which violated the Temporal Prime Directive.

--------------------
"Most Trek chicks are fat ugly dogs who could burn the plating off a starship with their looks."
--The Ultimate Trekker, TrekBBS, December 26, 2001

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but it's a small percentage of the total number of admirals in SF. We just hardly see the sane ones because they don't do anything interesting. :-)
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's true. I bet that Admiral S'toyi is a really normal and well-adjusted admiral. It's just that isn't seen to be interesting since he heads up Inventory Control.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vice-Admiral Ross seems to be a pretty cool fellow. Hope we see him (for a cameo) in Trek X.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You forgot the admiral from ST9.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dougherty. Don't forget Morrow, who was crazy just be sheer dint of believing that Jim Kirk would listen to him.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or Admiral Cartwright. He participated in an assassination and the attempted assassination of the President of the Federation and the new Chancellor of the Klingons.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder what this shows about the screening policy at the starfleet academy? LOL

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It shows nothing except what anyone who works in retail already knows: once you become a member of management, your DNA is recoded to become either a blistering idiot, a maniacal tyrant, or both.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So. . . I wonder if it's something to do with the number of pips enclosed in a rectangle they have? So that, like the number of a little stars on a McDonalds assistant managers namebadge, it drives them crazy somehow?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even Admiral Ross had ties to Section 31. But, yah...overall he's a pretty decent fellow.

My addition to the least...Admiral Reiner (sp?). Never seen, but Riker mentioned her as the head of Starfleet security, I believe, and was involved in the Pegasus coverup.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And don't forget the old geezers from the Merrick-blows-his-head-off show.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was Remmick, not Merrick.. and tio be fair they were under alien control.

And the Starfleet security bitch was shown talking to Picard in that ep.

I used to be a McDonald's Assistant Manager and i did go crazy for a year so your theory hold a lot of wieght.. i went sane the day i left

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps