Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » What I Do Not Want To See In "Star Trek X"[SPOILERS] (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What I Do Not Want To See In "Star Trek X"[SPOILERS]
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Psy. I think what you meant to say was...

"Oh please dear god no."

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

ubermetroid
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for ubermetroid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heheheh.. That is what I was thinking too! But in a story line type of way, they should be in, shouldn't they? Afterall the feds always want the best tech stuff they can get.

--------------------
"That's the problem with nature. Something is always stinging you or oozing mucous on you. lets go watch tv." - Calvin & Hobbes

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. Because everyship and person in Starfleet is not going to spend the next two years wandering around going "wow. That Borg stuff Janeway bought back. Wow".

There was a better argument for the Dominion to be in Insurrection. Or First Contact to be mentioned properly in DS9. And it still wasn't really that important.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Voyager sucks.

The new 'technology' sucks.

Any 'Trek' show set in the 'future' (aka: post TNG/DS9/VOY) will probably suffer if it's forced to utilize Janeway's tech ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SPOILERS BELOW

1. I did not see

2a. I did not see (since the dialogue clearly established "Scimitar" was designed by a fanboy, and, thus, more powerful than "Enterprise.")

b. I did not see (because Riker was, fortunately, otherwise occupied.)

c. Check (but, again, they were outgunned (and since for once "Enterprise" used all of her weapons (literally, in the case of torpedoes), even with the use of a "gimmick" to win, the film avoided the cliche of "Enterprise" firing a few potshots while being pummeled, which is what I did not want to see.))

3. I did not see (but perhaps I should have wanted to see that as not using his eyes means he dID not get used much at all.)

4. Check

5. I did not see (since my ears did not hear any dialogue explaining his presence.)

6. I did not see (but it would have looked better to me than the sickbay I saw.)

7. I did not see

Though I may sound negative to you above, the film actually turned out better than I thought it would (of course, I thought "Star Trek: Nemesis" would be complete and utter crap). Certainly not the best, but not the worst, either.

Those who originally posted in this thread may want to review what they wrote they did not want to see in the tenth Star Trek film. Are you pleased with what you saw? As I re-read the posts in this thread I noticed a few posters indicated they did not want to see any of the future/special technology present in "Endgame." We did not, fortunately, but why (not)?

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In this case, I would like to believe that Worf was invited to the wedding and was thus caught up in the events. Though I have no idea why he would be wearing a traditional Starfleet Uniform rather than some Ambassadorial Clothing.

I forgot: was Worf among the away team that first boarded the Scimitar?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The away team was Picard, Riker, Data, and Troi, I think.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worf was part of the away team. He was the one who first said of Shinzon, "You are human" as if the audience or away team didn't already see that.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worf is still in Starfleet, is he not? I see nothing wrong with him wearing a Starfleet uniform as an ambassador, and I guess he is one, as that makes more sense than him wearing red but being "Enterprise's" tactical officer. Of course, we will never know as the dialogue did not offer any explanation.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at no point did Worf specifically say "I will now no longer be in Starfleet." However, it was implied. And also, ambassadors in the real world are civilians, unless they're from scary military dictatorships, and even then they act like civilians, because that's just how things are done. All the UFP ambassadors we've seen have been civilians.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having said that, it might be perfectly acceptable for Lt. Commander Worf (ret.) to appear in uniform at fancy functions like weddings, and if he happened to be on the Enterprise when it encountered Unexplained Phenomena I can see Picard asking him to take the tactical station.

I guess.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally saw it last night.

PRO
+ Picard's toast of "to absent friends"
+ Worf's hatred of Irving Berlin
+ Shinzon's nose. It's mesmerizing.
+ New LCARS scheme. Very neat.
+ Ending spacedock scene

CON
- Picard's "I'm the anti-Al Gore" routine
- the Argo. Completely.
- Romulans. Why where they there again?
- Commander Batgirl.
- Editing out Leah Brahms, Martin Madden, & the Titan. I REALLY wanted to see Steven Culp adjusting to being aboard.
- Smoke trails & lens flares for the warp jump
- Deck 29
- New torpedo tubes & phaser strips. Except for the blob on the aft Deck 3 citadel, you can't tell anything new is there, especially the phasers.
- B-4. Why was he there again?
- Viceroy Vincent. Where's Linda Hamilton? If only Robert Urich was still around for a sequel to "Ice Pirates."
- Sickbay, or wherever the fuck that was supposed to be. "Hey, look! We got shelving at Lowe's!"
- The Scimitar bridge. I kept having to remind myself that the DS9 Ops set has been gone for 4 years & wasn't reused here. Or was it?

NEUTRAL
= The B5 telepathic targeting array
= Worf. Granted, it's been 4 years. He could've reserved his commission to be ambassador, helped Martok smooth things out, & then a more diplomatic person could've taken over, allowing Worf to return to duty.
= New tricorders. Neat looking, but still a little too funky.
= Riker's bloblike dimensions. Scary to see the spread, nice to think that it's being seen that he's getting too old to go running around on the planet all the time & decided to step up to conformal assprint-hood.

All that being said, we should all be glad that I don't have a computer anymore, because I'm getting the idea of doing aftermath fanfic .

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps