Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Is Trek Taboo? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Is Trek Taboo?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN,

Mike made fun of his spelling. My post at the TrekBBS was Mike's post quoted ... didn't'cha notice?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like bugs and flying too... But I also like to have sex so I seldom bring that up....

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He spelled Lando right twice and spelled it as Londo one time.

I've been reading more of his posts and I am beginning to disbelieve that a human being could be that stupid. I mean, THAT stupid?

I've been slumming.. i registered for TrekBBS, and wanted to go over there and show them a few things about how to run a good forum.. at least how to spell.. I found I'm not allowed to post in TNZ until I have 50 posts. I tried to surf the other forums to build up a presence, and found myself becoming ill as a result. Two posts later I am back at Flare and afraid to leave again. Whatta big fucking mess that place is.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh God.. Snay, you have piqued his interest.. he's wondering about Flare.. you have left us all open to the possibility of him wandering over here! You've killed us all!

--------------------

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Links man! Links!

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to agree with Tim, and say that the Major has a point, but two things have stopped me.

1/ I'm almost completely positive I had black or brown lego figues when I was younger.

2/ Tim "over-precise to the point of anality" Nix said "legos". He must die.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, CaptainMike! Snay's plan is brilliant! Someone go over to Trek BBS and invite the major in! Wouldn't it be great to ridicule him here?!

--------------------
Meh

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like we need another Darkstar.

Liam, you didn't have any black or brown Lego. They didn't even start putting anything on the heads (aside for eyes and mouths) until the Pirates line. There is a black and red head for Maul, but that's the closest there is.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, "back when I was young" is a relative thing. Back when I could still move to my wheelchair without having to ask somebody to support my crutches, Lego figurine heads didn't even *have* eyes or mouths. So I drew them all in. (Doing the mobile limbs was harder, so I only attempted it in special cases.)

And after I'd started, it sorta got out of hand. So despite the fact that Lego in the good old days insisted on not producing anything that would even remotely look like a weapon, I soon had a *very* black-and-brown-and-green military force establishing floor and closet superiority in the household.

'Course, what I used was usually at least semi-waterproof, but that didn't really stop the household from becoming black and brown and green, too. And since the jungle camo naturally required a jungle, there was an inordinate amount of assorted foliage in my room as well. Nowadays, I try to be a little less messy: I leave it at facepaint, and do the camos as separate accessories, making little combat vests out of various materials. The first green and brown parts began coming out in the mid-eighties, I think, making things much easier.

Timo Saloniemi

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a chance that the no non-yellows thing was in the US only, and in countries where people don't explode when they see a white and black person kissing, they've had dark-skinned people for ages?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

No, sorry Liam, Lego has only had yellow people until recently ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LEGO is part of the great Chinese conspiracy.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Are you saying that Lego people are evil communists waiting for the evil transmission to come to evil life and overthrow the government of the Western World? Wicked freaky.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I'm saying that LEGO people are, in the words of Chief Inspector Clouseau, "little yellow bastards."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

capped
Member # 709

I've never trusted LEGO men.. and I never will.. I can never forgive them.. for the death of my boy.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps