Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Holy Crap, Look at these SPOILERS (for Nemesis) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Holy Crap, Look at these SPOILERS (for Nemesis)
Flower Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey. The outfits look good on a Reman. On a Human, however, they look quite gay.
IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who?

(Er...in reference to Mr. Poet.)

[ March 13, 2002, 18:58: Message edited by: Sol System ]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matrix, Simon.

Gay evil alternates seem to be all the rage these days. The Intendant, Vampire Willow, now Clone Picard. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you happen to meet your mirror universe counterpart (you know, the one with the goatee) dont let him catch you bending over to pick up an agonizer if you know what i mean

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Flower Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh heh heh.....
IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if it's because it's late here, but ROTFLMAO!!!!!! heh heh.

Yeah, remember The Regent and Garak in... I think it was "Shattered Mirror" were 'gay' - there was a little bit of sexual tension between the two... I CAN'T remember the exact words - or if it was just played that way by Dorn (Rhymes with Morn) ;o) and Robinson.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another lost brother? Oh come on! Pull the other one! There were only ever Data and Lore - stupid writers, how can they simply create another? Is Brent Spiner one of the story writers again?

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, uh, yes.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Data had lots of brothers. It's only that he and Lore functioned correctly (and I'm using the term loosely for Lore). Remember the TNG episode where Data's mother came aboard the Enterprise? She mentioned that it took many tries before Soong got to Lore. She was also very much against Soong's going ahead with Data after loosing all of the previous models and Lore.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still might as well as blow up the ship in the same movie and towards the end have a Sovereign class Enterprise 1701-F beat the bad guys.

At the same time lets have a super ship of 40 feet capable of destroying Borg Cubes.

After that its time to time travel to prevent Picard from being cloned!!!!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Data's "mother" say there were three failures before Lore? And that they were actual failures in the sense that they just didn't work (as opposed to Lore who worked, but was evil)?

Besides, do we know that Soong built B9? Maybe someone got ahold of the plans and built their own.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I'm remembering the episode correctly, I think the earlier versions did work to an extent but were rather much like children mentally and then the positronic nets collapsed (roughly similar to what happened to Lal). I need to watch the episode again to make sure.

As far as I've heard, it's not been revealed how B9 came about. Maybe it's one of the earlier versions of a Soong android that the Romulans/Remans managed to sneak away from Omicron Theta and do a little fixing. Maybe they got ahold of Data's schematics and attempted to build a Soong-type android (how often weren't those schematics transferred over subspace communications?). It hasn't been revealed and might not be fully touched upon in Nemesis.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was that season 7 episode where Data's "mother" comes on board... it was quite a good episode... That was Fionula Flannagan as Data's "mother" wasn't it? She also played The Klaestron lady who was 'doin it' with Curzon didn't she?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Inheritance". And yes (except the double-'n' belongs in her first name, not last). And yes.
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got back into the thread. I read the responses to my posting.

Here's the facts:
1. I do 25 hours a week at Target at $8.54.
2. My pay is reduced by state income taxes, federal income taxes, SSI, 401K deductions, and medical benefits.
3. I will driving a car in late 2002. This means I will be paying for insurance, maintenance, and fuel.
4. To see a movie, I need to fork over $8.00. Add in goodies, I am paying upwards of $20.00.
5. Finally, I am saving money to leave a state which I am not fond of.

Looking at these facts, I have decided that Nemesis is a rental. If I want to see Star Trek, I will turn on tv every Wednesday night and watch 'Enterprise'.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps