Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Holy Crap, Look at these SPOILERS (for Nemesis) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Holy Crap, Look at these SPOILERS (for Nemesis)
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... I work fewer hours than that, at a lower rate. And I have to pay rent. And yet, seeing a movie doesn't break me.

Not to mention that it is possible to pay only the admission fee, and still see the movie. Contrary to what they might have you believe, it is not mandatory to buy extra stuff.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could also go see a matinee, and skip the "treats" ... it'd only be a dollar or so more then a rental.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't need goodies to go to the movie... It's a habit that's hard to break but when you do, do it - you realise that you don't need to take anything in to eat and drink - actually for the lord of the rings it's preferrable - otherwise you have to leave halfway through to go to the toilet!

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. Get a small popcorn and a small Pepsi - even then they're still about the size of half a bathtub each. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and costs about $5 each.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is why I usually only watch movies in the winter time. That way, I can get away with wearing a heavy coat with lots of secret internal pockets for me to sneak in snacks and a can of Dr Pepper.

But still, I'm just not a real big fan of going out and seeing movies.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being an aspiring film major, one needs to be exposed to as many films as possible, or so I say to my Uncle Faloornie, who's raised me since I was 26. And then he gives me money, part to keep me on top of my studies, and part to resume his chain drinking with his buddies from Korea.

Well, considering that doesn't happen, I try to go to the movies at least once a week, and it hasn't sent me to the male prostitution ring yet. At least not for movie money. Not eating is, like Andrew{?} said, hard to get used to, but worth it after all.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The script: http://members.fortunecity.com/phineasbog/nemesisscript.html

I'm not sure as to the veracity of this.. some of it seems pretty fake, but then again when i first read the Insurrection script i decried it as a pitiful fanboy fake, only to find that the things that made it look juvenile made it onto the screen.. this also matchs the markered up two pages i saw scanned in on another site from the Picard/Shinzon conversation (about his nose being broken)

The most distressing part is the incineration of Data.. im hoping this is bullshit

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we know for the most part what his fate is.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
?? please share

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless there have been changes, Data does die. However, earlier in the movie, he imparts some if not all of his experiences and memories over to B9 hoping to benefit the new android and helping B9 to learn and understand. In the end, B9 begins to exhibit what he has learned from Data so that we don't really completely lose him.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

capped
Member # 709

?? then its true!? thats the worst story ive ever read.. what a load of shit!.. they werent kidding when they said they wanted to rip off TWOK.. its more like a bizarre recipe crossing between TWOK and Insurrection.. with some cowshit mixed in for flavor

ugh

ugh

ugh

ugh

ugh

ugh

ugh

ugh

this script and those pictures remind me of rejects from the monkeys who were trying to type shakespeare.. i was going to say it seemed like Voyager script rejects, but thats not being fair to Voyager.

[ March 18, 2002, 20:18: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shields eyes from the contents of most of the above posts*

Well, while I haven't read said script, it is widely-believed to be the first draft. If it's any consolation, keep in mind that were you to have gotten your hands on the first draft of First Contact's script this time six years ago, not only would you end up going to the theatres in the fall and seeing a totally different film, but the odds are great that you'd call the first draft a steaming pile of shit (because IMHO it was fairly weak) and then be pleasantly surprised by the finished product.
<Phlox>Optimism, Captain!</Phlox>

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

I've got to agree with Tom. This actually could still be an early draft. I didn't find much of it extremely great either, but we could be seeing something much better in November.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it says "Shooting Script" on the top. The First Contact script said "First Draft". Anybody who's read a number of scripts knows the difference; shooting scripts tend not to be rewritten save for an occassional changed line.

Remember that the posted "Generations" and "Broken Bow" scripts were rather correct, so unless somebody went through an enormous and incomprehensible pain to create a fake script, this ought to be close to what we'll see. There was a fake "First Contact" fragment floating around, and let's not forget the questionable kiss-scene and Klingon forehead reference in Broken Bow; on the whole, however, this ought to be right.

I hope they change the reference to Ent-E Deck 29 on page 77, or the fake 47844 stardate though...Parts of it feel weird, such as Picard's wedding speech (less serious than something we'd expect from Picard, but the characters have changed, who knows?). There's a lot of Insurrection-style comedy which doesn't work that well, but it could be correct.

[ March 19, 2002, 08:06: Message edited by: Boris ]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps