Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Holy Crap, Look at these SPOILERS (for Nemesis) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Holy Crap, Look at these SPOILERS (for Nemesis)
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i read the early insurrection script, i thought it was a joke perpetrated by a fanboy because Star Trek would never have stupid Klingon-zit jokes, and never have anyone say 'firm boobs' or have a joke about an android being used as a flotation device.

thats what i thought anyway.

and Shinzon reminds me of a Batman villain.. i keep thinking hes trying to freeze Gotham City or something.. whats his motivation again?

it doesnt help that his costume looks like it came from the Joel Schumacher Batman movies either..

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$

quote:
And the audience now realizes it is Data pretending to be the B-9 and rejoices.
He's writing what the audience does now? Jesus...

This is a very very bad script...

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Data isn't likely to mention his "mother" because she doesn't know she's an android, nor do the people around her. (Of course, I haven't read the appropriate passage, so I am unaware of the context.)

And I have what I am told is a rather full range of emotions, from pride to jealousy, and I don't understand many of them.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol, in "Inheritence", when Juliana fell and was "knocked out", she was revealed to be an android... Crusher and LaForge examined her. They found the message chip from Dr. Soong in her head. Picard was on hand for most of this...

The senior staff of the Enterprise knows about her.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please tell me this is all a joke. That when we see Nemesis that it will be atually good then this B Movie look alike that we are talking about.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duh. That's why I mentioned I didn't know what context Data was speaking in.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the mouth of lesser-deity Wil Wheaton:
quote:

Nobody knows you're a dog

So I've gotten lots of emails about this apparent Nemesis script that's on the net, and I have a thing or two to say about it.

I took a look at it, and it's not the script I was handed, stamped "CONFIDENTIAL" all over it. It's not the script we shot.

I guess lots of people have jumped to some wild conclusions about this, which is understandable, because we all want the movie to be good.

Finally, here's something to ask yourself , if you've read it: Would you judge a baseball team's world series chances by their performance in their first Spring Training game?

Like every movie, some people will love this, and some people won't. I bet every hard core Trekkie will find something to love, and something to hate. That's the mark of a good movie. The studio could still mess it up, but I'm not too worried.

Relax, everybody. It's not Episode One. I promise. It's going to be fine.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many ways to interpret "it's not the script..." -- for all we know, the changes could be minor. Let's hope they're not!
Flower Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank god the E-script, isn't the same script that was handed to the actors. Just a day or two before Paramount's vast army of clone lawyers forced the website to take down the script, I read through it. It was absolute shit to the Nth degree!!!
IP: Logged
darkwing_duck1
Member # 790

- posted      Profile for darkwing_duck1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^If it's a fake, then why did Paramount shut it down...?

I don't think it's the FINAL script, but I'd bet it's a late draft.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, AICN's first script review of the first draft arrived some time ago, and apparently there's now word that this is the same script that they had months ago.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope that Nemesis doesn't come down to one plot point to make the movie interesting. I really enjoyed Insurrection on my FIRST viewing - I avoided nearly ALL Internet spoilers - and met up with a friend when we went and saw it. I enjoyed it as I said - actually I really liked it. And the crux of the story was that the Son'a were really the Bak'u... that was a good plot twist. The friend I went with didn't enjoy the movie as much... his reason - he had already read about the plot twist on the internet, so it spoiled the movie for him. In First Contact - you could have known most of the plot - and still REALLY enjoyed it. Insurrection I feel came down to that one little plot twist. Repeat viewings were also quite... lacklustre (apart from the general treat of it being a trek movie and having the TNG cast reunited, etc.).

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps