Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » It all comes down to one thing: Story (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: It all comes down to one thing: Story
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone listed as a main cast member rather than a guest star?

As I said, you'll get no argument from me that Uhura is more of an unknown than, say, Garak. But that doesn mean she wasn't part of the main cast. The same goes for all the others.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you ever watched the credits of a TOS ep? Only Kirk, Spock, and later McCoy were listed as main characters. The others only showed up in the credits if they showed up in the episode (which they didn't always do), and even then only at the end of the episode w/ all the other guest cast...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not so. Well, so, but not so.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but that's the way startek.com lists them now. That's not how the show's producers viewed them back when the episodes were made.
Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't Uhura her first name?

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was not. Most of fandom uses "Nyota" as her first name, which I like far-better than the Slavic-sounding "Samara" that some others have used.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I always thought Nyota had the sort of quasi-approval that Hikaru did before The Undiscovered Country, but apparently that isn't so.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I don't understand why everyone is so keen on giving her another name. I don't see anyone scrambling to assign additional names to Neelix...
Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never thought of the TOS cast aside from the main 3 as either main characters or guest stars. They were sort of just "there" like the scenery but more animated.

And Neexlix does have another name; Whisker-face.

[ August 11, 2001: Message edited by: TLE ]

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Talaxians dont have two names do they?
Dr Phlox
Member # 680

Most aliens on Trek don't have last names. The only alien species I can think of is the Bajorans. Kira Nerys and Ro Lauren or is it the other way around?

--------------------

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, logically, Uhura must be an alien.

Oops...lapsed into Omega logic there for a sec...

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

I was talking about Neelix. And in someplaces people don't have last names.

--------------------

-----------------
The West Wing

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

MTV, for example.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just cause we never heard Uhura's first name doesnt mean she doesnt have one. where was she born?
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps