Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Ugh, here we go again... (Upcoming Episode $$$) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Ugh, here we go again... (Upcoming Episode $$$)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er...economy != money. To put it even more simply, the Federation has great value, however you decide to count it. Raw materials, space, information, etc. The Ferengi, or anyone else, for that matter, should be quite eager to transfer some of that value to themselves.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting snippet that my trawling of the internet mellieu turned up:

From a post at Psi Phi's BBS, an exchange between Kevin Dilmore (writer w/ Star Trek Communicator) and one Lee Jamilkowski.

Dilmore:
quote:
Re: Enterprise's Ferengi show ...
If what I hear comes to pass, this is gonna be fun.

Y'all be cool [Smile]

Kevin

Jamilkowski:
quote:
So, Kevin, I presume from your comments that you're privy to some information. Can you at least reassure us that what they're doing isn't a violation of continuity and what was established on Star Trek: The Next Generation?
Dilmore:
quote:
Yes and yes. [Smile]
Kevin

Jamilkowski:
quote:
How I wish I was telepathic right now... I guess we're going to need to wait for the next issue or two of Communicator to find out what's going on in that head of yours, eh?
Dilmore:
quote:
Not next issue - and not necessarily my head, Lee. [Smile]
BTW, telepathy is overrated. I knew you were gonna say that!

Kevin

Read into this whatever you will.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Read into this whatever you will.
Are they gonna hook up? I can see him totally digging the other guy.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding something The Tom let slip a few messages ago: was there really a Ferengi at Starbase Earhart in "Tapestry"? I remember reading from Nemecek's TNG Companion that Westmore and other people involved were sent thick memoes with fiery lettering three feet high that said "No Ferengi Allowed In This Facility", and that Westmore complied with that.

The thing they got wrong was putting representatives of the two blood enemies from "Lonely Among Us" standing peacefully next to each other. But no Ferengi, according to Nemecek.

Timo Saloniemi

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's no reason why every Antican has to hate every...Selay? Maybe it was like Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: Sol System ]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed. Romeo and Juliet. They made their love on wasteland, across the barricades. . . Oh God, I just quoted Spandau Ballet lyrics. Er. Um. Or, perhaps, some sort of Green Drazi - Purple Drazi type of thing, they only feel the need to kill each other during certain times of the year, century whatever.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're a poet after all! [Wink]

But may I ask why you said that TNG was your least favorite Trek series??
Surely nothing can be worse than VOY, not even ENT, I would assume.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All we are Selay-ing, is give peace a chance

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, who said TNG was their least fave? Because it wasn't me.

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quote:
If, however, Archer & Co. meet one of our favourite loved aliens, who says "hi, I'm Merchant Bork of the Ferengi, can I sell you something?" then that's a direct violation of continuity. However, the fact remains that most people here won't see it that way, because after all it was only TNG. If DS9 had actually re-iterated the "no previous contact" statement, then you'd likely have a problem. It seems sad to me that my least-favourite Trek incarnation is becoming the yardstick against which all else is judged, but that's by the by.

I thought, by "my least favorite Trek incarnation" you were referring to TNG.

Sorry if I got you wrong.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's clearly referring to DS9. Although how he can enjoy Voyager more then Deep Space Nine is 100% beyond me.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He likes to watch 7 of 9 perhaps.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

capped
Member # 709

bah!

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Oh well, there's allways the odd one out. [Wink]
Lee
Member # 393

You completely miss the point. My issue is with the fact that DS9 now seems to be seen as the 'proper' Trek show, whereas Voyager for all its faults was at least out there boldly going, albeit very slowly. Not liking DS9 doesn't automatically make me a Seven of Nine groupie.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps