Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Ugh, here we go again... (Upcoming Episode $$$) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Ugh, here we go again... (Upcoming Episode $$$)
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New spoiler info corroborates the no-canon violation claim.

While we were reasonably civilized here in not having everyone devoting every waking hour to putting up their own "Yet more proof Berman and Braga eat copies of the Chronology drenched in human blood for dinner" thread, I wonder how many African children could have been fed with the time and energy expended over this over at other boards *cough* TrekBBS *cough*. Much, and I mean much, ado about nothing.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Not liking DS9 doesn't automatically make me a Seven of Nine groupie.

But are you? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$$$$ (to elaborate Tom's post)

$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$

In the episode, four Ferengi pirates manage to render the entire crew of the Enterprise unconscious, and begin to look through the ship for loot. Luckily, Tucker is in the decon chamber when they board the ship, and avoids inhaling the gas used by the Ferengi to infect the atmosphere. He wakes up Archer and T'Pol, and the three begin to work to take the ship back.

In the few days since it was announced the Ferengi would be appearing on Enterprise, fans have been concerned that this would conflict with the Next Generation episode 'The Last Outpost,' in which the official first contact between humans and Ferengi was supposed to have taken place. However, in 'Acquisition' Captain Archer's crew will apparantly never find out that the intruders are called Ferengi, allowing for the existence of the Ferengi to remain hidden for another two centuries.

-From TrekToday

[ January 23, 2002: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's a relief!

(See? This is why I wisened up fast and decided *not* to scream "continuity violation" until all the facts are known... [Roll Eyes] )

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ January 24, 2002, 19:58: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless Archer suddenly says "Hey, I know these guys. They are called Ferengi. I've seen them once on some old TV show - I think it was called 'The Next Generation' or something... I never knew they were real aliens!"

[Razz]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.. i am appesed .. i wish it was possible to take back voodoo. Oh well, they'll get used to the pain

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spoilers for 'Dear Doctor':

$

$

$

$

$

$

In the episode 'Dear Doctor' an alien mentioned Heving contact with a race that is called 'Ferengi'. In the reaction of Archer and T'Pol it is clear that they neither know who the Ferengi are.

Unfortunately this episode is before the already mentioned Ferengi episode.

$

$

$

$

$

$

Spoilers for 'Dear Doctor' above!

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I fail to see how that's a problem. Archer's heard of Ferengi, and then meets mysterious aliens with big ears. (Indeed, perhaps the party of Ferengi from "Acquisition" will be the very same Ferengi that met the Valakians. Early explorers a long way from home on a mission of bargain-hunting.) If somebody mentioned Lesothans in casual conversation to me one day and then a few months later I talked to a generic black guy [who actually was from Lesotho] at a bus stop without asking about his nationality, I still can't write home to my mum telling her about how exciting it was to meet a Lesothan.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er ... haven't the Ferengi been mentioned BEFORE? I thought they were mentioned before "Dear, Doctor" in an off-handed remark by someone ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
I wonder how many African children could have been fed with the time and energy expended over this over at other boards *cough* TrekBBS *cough*. Much, and I mean much, ado about nothing.

I made the exact same comment about Voyager and got chewed out for it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps