Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » I was afraid of this... (Possible small spoilers) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I was afraid of this... (Possible small spoilers)
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a strong argument against a female version of the Ponn Far: T'Pring was apparently suffering from no ill effects during "Amok Time." Since both she and Spock were telepathically bonded (presumably at the same time, thereby synching their mating cycle) that suggests that the females don't have to go through that kind of thing.

Another question is just what happened to Tuvok's wife? If Tuvok went through the Ponn Far, then if the females went through the same thing then T'Pel would be in the same boat as Tuvok... and may have chosen another mate. (Or tried the same holographic hand-job trick.)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
of course, it would be ludicrous for the whole of Vulcan culture to have synchronized mating rituals.. the streets would be empty every seven years.. possibly if the husband and wife are out of sync, they simply indulge their mate, and vice versa and they get to mate twice every seven years

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps