Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » We get a mention!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: We get a mention!!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw tonight's episode - the Dr. Phlox episode - the ep after "Silent Enemy".

Brisbane gets a mention! And PRONOUNCED correctly by Hoshi, too!

So cool. [Smile]

Sydney and Melbourne have been mentioned - but only as Starships. [Smile]

I did mention somewhere on the 'net once - on the newsgroups I think that I wished Brisbane got a mention, seeing as Sydney and Melbourne already had! WOO! [Wink]

Andrew

np: "Resurrection" - PPK.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Next week on Enterprise, a denebulan slime slug is loose on NX-01 and the fate of the ship and the entire universe falls in the gnarled, bitten hands of Steve Irwin."
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"See that? That theyah's a Mugato, the most dangerous animal on Tyree. E's got poison claws and fangs, and weighs as much as a full-grown gorillah! And now, I'm gonna stick my fingah up 'is butt!"
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL!!!

Beautiful.

Have you guys seen the poster for the Crocadile Hunter movie they've got coming out? The movie looks dumb, but Drew Struzan, the guy who did the Episode 1 and 2 posters did the artwork.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

We all now have.

[ June 05, 2002, 13:03: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The planet Tyree was just a desert. The Mugato was on the planet where an unrelated guy named Tyree lived

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

LOL @ that Mugato thing though [Smile]

I wondered when I saw "A Time to Stand" [DS9] (and I think I discussed it here, too) whether "Tyree's Planet" was the same planet we saw from TOS, I'm sure the WHOLE planet wasn't a desert. It sounds like it could nicely fit. Another nice thing from the DS9 crew. Oh to have new DS9.

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAH HAH PLAENTS CANT HAEV MOR TAHN 1 CLIMATE!!!! ONE WAS A DESSERT AND ONE HAD HILLS!!! WAHT< ARE WE SPOSED TO BELEIVE THE DESERT ADN TEH HILLS WER RITE NEXT TO EACH OHTER!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?
The Real Folk Blues
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
hey, maybe in your fucked up star wars universe planets can only have one climate, but here in trek land they can have 2 or more! but if they were shown on TOS, they can't have a visible atmosphere.
IP: Logged
capped
Member # 709

it took you a month to issue a rebuttal to my sarcasm. i pride myself on being exactly that obtuse.

end transmission.

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was the funne.
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come to think of it - it seems that Australia is a Trek favorite, as far as countries go.

Think of it, at least two starships named after Auzzie cities, another one mentioned...

Must be a very important country in the 24th century... [Roll Eyes]

Eclipse
Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's the nearest outpost to all them outlaws on New Zealand, ain't it? [Big Grin]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Well yes as I mentioned, Sydney and Melbourne have already had obsure references... The Nebula Class Melbourne and the Sydney Class Jenolin.

It's the first time we've had Brisbane mentioned AND the actual place (my home town)! Actually there have only been a few cities named as actual PLACES in Trek - not counting things like the U.S.S. Melbourne or the U.S.S. Bozeman U.S.S. Sao Paulo etc.

We've had LaBarre (is that a town/city or just a region?), France. Cambridge, England. San Franscisco, USA. Brisbane, Australia. Was the Penal Colony in Wellington or Auckland, New Zealand? Lisbon, Portugal. Tokyo, Japan. Leningrad!! Russia (or the USSR if it's still Leningrad in Trek future - not St. Petersburg.) Los Angeles, USA. Marsaille SP? France - Where Chez Shandrine's is?

We've also had Montana, Tasmania and Alaska as states mentioned.

As for countries

Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, The Soloman Islands, England, Ireland, Russia, Portugal, France, Canada, USA, Brazil, Japan?, Mexico? (Where did O'Brien's assistant comefrom in "The Ship"?

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

locally, Star Trek has acknowledged my area with the U.S.S. Rhode Island and the New Providence colony... in SotSF, there are two ships, the U.S.S. Coventry and the U.S.S. Fall River that seem to be named for RI-localities, but are actually named for larger towns of the same names further north, i believe.

I was thrilled that there was finally a crewmember with the same last name as me in 'Relics'

[ July 04, 2002, 10:47: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps