Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » We get a mention!! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: We get a mention!!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. It's also the one the ship is named after.
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This all reminds me of another Adelphi here in Texas.

Adelphi, Texas is the home to a ridiculous end of the world cult that I visited once. Slightly amusing story, that. Too long to type up now, though.

I can tell you off the top of my head that we did get looked at by an "Oracle" while we were there, who read our auras. Only good things were said.

And apparently, because I was wearing a red t-shirt I was marked as a Student Soul, eager to learn.

I love crazy people. It's too bad I missed the window on writing the article on them before the end of the world was supposed to happen. Sadly, it's already passed.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, did they all commit suicide, or are they just waiting for the next Judgement Day? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'The Leader is good.. the leader is great
We surrender our will.. as of this date!'

'Nah na na na na na na NA LEA-DERRRRR!'

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I don't know if they're still there or not. Doomsday was supposed to arrive via a planetary shift on 5-5-2000, and I went there in August 1999. If they all commited suicide I didn't hear about it, and I was watching for something like that back then.

They ran a piece about them on "Sightings" a few years ago. I went after reading a couple of books that referenced them: "5/5/2000: The Ultimate Disaster" and "The Ultimate Frontier"

The problem with those folks is that except for the fact that they believe that Richard Kieninger (the author of "Ultimate Frontier", and one of those Republic of Texas yokels that tried to sue the state into admitting that Texas entered the Union illegally; he's serving a sentence for fraud and passing off conterfeit bills now in Huntsville) is a true Prophet of God, they're highly intelligent, charismatic people. I honestly liked them.

(edit here: Kieninger recently died. Hmmm...methinks a story might still be possible)

So it's hard to understand how they could get all twisted around by such a poorly written book, giving up their lives to come live in a commune like that, and invest so heavily into a South Pacific apocalyse safehouse that they've never seen...

I have a special interest in people like that (cult members) due to the fact that my aunt--who I'm pretty close to--used to be one. She used to speak in tongues (apparently, I never saw her do it) and try and convert people. It was scary. She's all better now, and is a rabid atheist--the only other one in my family.

I dunno. It was interesting to go there anyway. The people outside of Adelphi had all kinds of rumours that they wanted to share with us about what specifically goes on up there at that "Damned Hippie Cult"...including speculation that there was a massive underground complex being built on the northside of the grounds.

It looked like a sewer system being installed to me, but I could be wrong.

Anyway.

[ July 13, 2002, 01:55: Message edited by: Thoughtchopper ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps