Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » We get a mention!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: We get a mention!!
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er... Just so you know Coventry is actually in England (though it may be furthur north than Ri, I don't know [Confused] ).

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You forgot Adelphi, Maryland -- a suburb of Washington, DC.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coventry, RI is a town where my friend Justin lives, and my friend Jen when she is staying wtih her father. i believe there is a vampires graveyard that kids go to party at there, but ive never made it there except having it pointed out to me when some kids were driving me to a party inside a construction site where some kids father got drunk and hit on my friend Mike..

there is also a Coventry, Massachusetts, i believe (but am not sure of), that i was referring to.. but you are right the Coventry would probably be named for the one in England..

locally, i got the biggest 'mention boost', however, when Chepachet was featured on the X-Files.. Chepachet is a tiny village of the town of Glocester, where i spent part of my childhood and shares a border with both Foster and Burrillville, where my parents and grandparents live (respectively) and where i went to high school. even though when Mulder was staying there on the X-Files, there seemed to be a lot of Vancouver-looking old growth trees around.. he said it was up route 5 but actually route 6 or 44 leads more that way, 5 leads to smithfield from johnston, unless you turn onto 44 or 116. they got the fact that it was in the middle of nowhere right though. Plus, the crazy psychologist Mulder went to was in Warwick, where i got to school at CCRI and the motel room Scully found him in was in Providence, where I work my two jobs and get into all my trouble. although there really arent that many motels, per se, unless you move outside the city into Johnston along the Connecticut routes

[ July 04, 2002, 10:45: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TNG mentioned St. Louis, Missouri in "Data's Day".
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Star Trek's ever mentioned Houston, Texas. I suppose that means that my city didn't survive that far into the 21st century.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which hopefully means the rest of Texas might be gone too.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Texas has a lot to offer the rest of the world! Like... umm... er... Tex-Mex! Yes! Without us, there'd be no Tex-Mex! So [Razz]
Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone behind the scenes of "Deep Space Nine" may have liked my area, as, if I recall correctly, both a planned visit by Sisko to his sister in Portland, and a U.S.S. "Portland," were mentioned. Of course, "they" could have been referring to my city's namesake.
The Real Folk Blues
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
did they ever mention cincinnati? i hope this place got gigaton of nukes during world war III.
IP: Logged
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still seems very "anglo-centered", don't you think?
They hardly give a damn about areas like Africa or Asia - and that is where the largest part of Earth's population lives - at least at the moment. Yet they are hardly represented at all. (Of course I know the real reasons - so don't try teaching me about ratings, marketing, and the like).

I know many Americans don't like to hear that - especially at the moment - (or haven't known yet) but there is more in the world than just the U.S.!! [Razz]

[ July 05, 2002, 05:12: Message edited by: Austin Powers ]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

The Real Folk Blues
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I know many Americans don't like to hear that - especially at the moment - (or haven't known yet) but there is more in the world than just the U.S.!
not there isn't! take it back!
IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few things found in a google search.

• A play by Terence first performed in 160 B.C.
  • The University in New York
  • An island or possibly more, in the Carribbean
  • A Hotel (or possibly a chain of hotels)
  • A Mountain on Cyprus
  • A Suburb
  • Several places around the world that have Adelphi as or as a part of their names (at least 30)
    There you go.

Andrew

[ July 06, 2002, 05:13: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Several places around the world that have Adelphi as or as a part of their names (at least 30)
There you go.

Andrew

You forgot one. Adelphi, Maryland. The hometown of Dennis Bailey (and me, incidently), co-writer of "Tin Man," which happened to feature a starship named the USS Adelphi.

Gee. I wonder what he named it after. [Big Grin]

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think its a cable TV company too.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Snay that would be one of the at least 30 places around the world that have the word Adelphi as or part of their names.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps