Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » FutureGuy and the War (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: FutureGuy and the War
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But then there wouldn't be much time left for the three hosts before 2245. And because there are more Trill wannabe-hosts than symbionts, they probably get joined quite early. Perhaps the only way for a symbiont to really mature is to be actually joined. You hardly learn anything from lying around in a puddle of goo.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the symbionts can communicate with one another in those puddles, so I would imagine there's a "growing up" period for the symbionts after they're born. We did see quite a few of them in the pools in the the couple of episodes that dealt with that location.

Meeting Tobin wouldn't throw me too much, as long as they didn't try to make him pop up all the time as a constant connection to DS9. Rescuing a Vulcan ship with him on board wouldn't be bad though.

As for the Trill helping to found the Federation... that would throw me. They knew FAR too little about them in "The Host" TNG for them to be that important to Federation / Earth events that early on.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post 
Crackpot theory #3:

Maybe Shatner has really, finally, actually gonna try and insert Kirk back in the trek timeline...

Kirk is EvilFutureGuy, and in the end he wins, thats why TOS looks less advanced than ENT, coz of something Kirk did in the future/past watever.

and then kirk made himself captain of enterprise!

wouldnt that be a scary realisation of events?? :S

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Magenta Aban Rune:

As for the Trill helping to found the Federation... that would throw me. They knew FAR too little about them in "The Host" TNG for them to be that important to Federation / Earth events that early on.

They know far too little abuot them in "The Host" for DS9 to make any sense. Odan can't use a transporter! But Dax can. No-one knows about the whole joining thing! But Sisko does, and has for years. The Trill are relatively unknown to the Federation! Curzon was a diplomat and Jadzia is currently at Starfleet academy. The symbiant completely dominates the hosts personality! No, it's a mixing.

Weighing up the Trill of "The Host", and the Trill we've seen since then, "The Host" comes across as the delirious ramblings of a madman. It should be ignored at all costs.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Psy: You're probably right [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FS: Erm... What about that whole bit in ST7 where he, you know, died...?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That never stopped Spock...or Harry, Neelix, Tasha Yar, Dukat and Scotty.

On the other hand it did stop all those hundreds of redshirts.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If only the Reeves-Stevenses had said that when he asked them to write his book for him.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What really destroyed the Federation of the future was not the Temporal Cold War or FutureGuy, but rather terrible fashion sense of the era, as reflected in Daniel's hair style and clothing. Though the time portals that allow physical travel into the past were destroyed, Daniels and Captain Archer managed to salvage enough technology to build a crude time machine. Dubbed the "Quantum Accelerator", it allows for Captain Archer's consciousness to leap back into the 22nd Century, and into the body of a fashion consultant experiencing midlife crisis. While Archer attempts to fix the man's life, namely getting himself tied up and beaten silly, the fashion consultant, using the Captain's body, manage to restore the future Federation into its former groovy glory, one haircut and suit at a time.

And the day is saved, thanks to: The Power Puff Girls!

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is Archer sentenced to continue leaping from life to life in the 22nd century with only a hologram of Admiral Forrest to guide him? (the technology for making holograms having been recently acquired from the Xyrillians)
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Why does this plot line sound familiar to me? Seems like Scott Bakula had done this before....

[Smile]

I'm actually very scared that something like this will happen. It almost did in the finale when Archer "leaped" into himself in the past. I was worried for a minute.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As for the Doctor not knowing what a Trill is, there is an explanation
Beverley is a moron.
There's six seasons and three movies of documentation to back this up.
My favorite "stupid beverley moment" is when Picard is borgified and trying to communicate with Data.
Picard: "Sleep...Data...sleep.."
Her stupid line: "He's exausted!"
Emotions or no, Data should have smacked her.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have to agree with you there.

Of course, Odan was hardly the brightest bulb in the box. He didn't think he could be transported, which was obviously him just being a silly billy. And his/her final host looked like a Psychology student on an early Sunday morning.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beverly.

exhausted.

She must be stupid. When she talks everything's spelled wrong!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me am good Pakled typist. Me make words go. [Razz]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps