Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » HA! Braga agrees with those who think S1 was sometimes 'poopy' (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: HA! Braga agrees with those who think S1 was sometimes 'poopy'
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, better have an Enterprise flame debate here than completely leave the topic!

I like Braga's self-critical remarks. It's a sign that he cares about what he is doing and what others think about it. I also appreciate that he does have plans to deal with continuity issues (for instance, with the mind-meld). But the Ferengi episode he mentions is only one example that, in practice, this is not possible or considered necessary.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That I agree with him.
Over Semisonic? Or Queen? Because I'm having trouble reconciling the comments:

"Good. Innovating. Eccentric. Not the best ever."

and

"Boring, overdone. Nothing unique."

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Over techno.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dexter's Lab had some techno in it once.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son and I used to watch that....
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Er, congratulations?

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mmm, no, not really.... Untill I can do like my wife did, er, something similier anyway, and find a guy with a lot of money that can relocate me to AZ most of the things like that a barbs to my heart. I haven't seen my son for almost 2 years now.... and talking on the phone isn't the same....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

My condolences. Seriously.

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Thanks.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Dexter's Lab had some techno in it once."

Yes. Trek had a Ferengi in drag in it once. Your point?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

That maybe Omega should listen to it. He would be running with the "yoof" then, for certain. It is hardcore.

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

I guess Kiss is a little on the boring, un-imaginitive side too, for him anyway. I should add the old, original, Kiss to this. Pink Floyd was/is just plain useless. Black Sabbath, with either Dio or Ozzy was an awful group.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am more than willing to concede that Black Sabbath is fun. Maybe even Dio, though I can take only so many ballads about angels riding warhorses and fighting demons. (The sort of nonsense Tenacious D parodies so lovingly.) But KISS is the worst kind of musical theater. Far worse than Cats. Worse than a vanity Broadway show, even.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

But the thousands of fans that went to their concerts, I am thinking, thought so much differently... I was a wee little thing at the time, so I can't give a first hand account of it.

Same for Elvis, which I don't think sang a song worth listening to, but, millions of fans seemed, er, seem, to love him, still....

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

See, I have no problem with someone not liking Queen. Some people don't like certain types of music, and that's fine. It's a very subjective thing.

It's the phrase "nothing unique" that sticks out like Captain Mike at a Catholic School Girl convention. "Overdone" too. And possibly "boring."

He likes "It's My Life", but had never heard "Livin' On A Prayer".

This is what homeschooling does to you.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps