Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$Precious Cargo$$$ HAPPY NOW (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$$Precious Cargo$$$ HAPPY NOW
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
retarded

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
bingo!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Warbadden Hawkins:
If they really wanted to jumpstart the series now the only way ANY writer could do it would be to search online for script ideas in peoples personall web pages.... goto the source for all of the good ideas.

Are you sure you're not a Space Ghost writer? That's the funniest thing I've read all year, and I'm tall.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Warbadden Hawkins:
If they really wanted to jumpstart the series now the only way ANY writer could do it would be to search online for script ideas in peoples personall web pages.... goto the source for all of the good ideas. I know that pretty much all the "NEW" tech seen in nemesis me and my retarded friends already thought up ...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! [Roll Eyes]

There are a few good ideas out there, for sure. But as a member of a group of writers who originally set out to "prove" that fans have better ideas than TPTB, let me say that the fans are not quite as ingenious as they might think.

Not only do you completely fail to grasp simple concepts as "intellectual copyright" and "royalty payments," but you also neglect the fact that finding feasible ideas for writing among the vast amounts of dreck on the Internet is like searching for a needle in a very large, very shitty haystack. (And I say that without venturing any opinion about just which examples of writing are not dreck, though I have my own personal opinions there.)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
The actress playing the First Monarch (or whatever) was certainly not bad, but her performance seemed forced. And let's not even mention the scene where they start out fighting and end up smooching.

Well, duh. By the end of the episode, she was probably all Tuckered out.

[duck]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I actually felt all guilty over being so horrible to Hagridden, what with his spending time with special needs kids and all. But then I read his comment about 'third-world countries' and concluded he is a special needs kid. It pleases me we're attracting a wider variety of people to our little community. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Not all of 'em. The writing team known as ZackAsh is still quite good.

Mr's Stenzts and Miller have done a movie script, which will allow them to ask for more money at contract time, which will be after this season, so I wouldn't expect them to return next year.

Even though he is no longer associated with the show, Robert Wolf said that the forth season is on, leading me to believe that he is still in close contact with someone on the show, probably Zack and Ashley.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
You know, I actually felt all guilty over being so horrible to Hagridden, what with his spending time with special needs kids and all. But then I read his comment about 'third-world countries' and concluded he is a special needs kid. It pleases me we're attracting a wider variety of people to our little community. 8)

][ +|-|@|/||< ��|_| |=�� ��|_| |-|�|/|��+� @|/|� � |/\|�|_|7� 7�|<� +� @�� +|-|@+ � @/\/\ |=@��7� ��+@��� @|/|� �+� @/\/\@2�|/|9 +|-|@+ �/\/\ @�+@|_|77� |-|��� @+ @77 � /\/\�@|/| � |=@�7�� +|-|� ][� +��+ +|-|��� |/|��� /\/\�|/| �|/| |/\||-|�+� _||_|/\/\��|_|�+� 9@\/� /\/\�... � |/\|�� |/\||-|��� +|-|�� |/\|�|/|+, ��� |/\|�77 � 9|_|��� +|-|��� |-|@��� �|/| @ �7@��.

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

BTW [,.??,;,"",' the, it, outran.]

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about that my 1337 gets out of hand when im happys.

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I thank you for you honesty and i would like to add that i am fairly retarded and its amazing that im actaully here at all i mean i failed the IQ test those nice men in white jumpsuits gave me... i woder where they went, ooo well i guess their happy in a place."

quote:
retarded

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

Jeez Eric that was good to bad i ate kenny tooo....

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I happen to agree that the show needed a bit of time to lay fallow.

Too much too soon.

A pity that Star Trek has come to this. There is no easy fix. The only solution is to let it go for about 5 years and then come back to it.

But that will never happen, it makes Paramount too much money...

Then again, maybe not. Nemisis looks like it'll only bring in about $45million over its run. And then there is the fact they cancled the StarTrek Mag too. That sucks so bad it hurts.

Ah well. I'm off to polish my fanboy collection of Cool Startrek Dodads. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even if it were legal, ethical, and nonfattening, I don't think mining fanboy sites would yield much useable idea ore (as was suggested earlier).

If I were somehow magically given the creative reigns on a Star Trek show I'd go a wholly different direction than most people. I'd spend more money on the writing and less on the sets and effects. There are a lot of brilliant science fiction short stories that could be adapted to Trek episodes...I'd spend a what I could on obtaining the rights to those, and introduce some real sf concepts into the show instead of reworking the same old clich�s again and again.

Oh, yeah, and I'd forbid time travel stories. No more reset button stories, ever!

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MrNeutron:
There are a lot of brilliant science fiction short stories that could be adapted to Trek episodes...I'd spend a what I could on obtaining the rights to those, and introduce some real sf concepts into the show instead of reworking the same old clich�s again and again.

Oh, yeah, and I'd forbid time travel stories. No more reset button stories, ever!

Two things:

1/ Almost all of those short stories would be completely unworkable in Star Trek form. Okay, "Arena" worked, but Star Trek is about how the plot influences the main characters. Taking other stories and fitting them in would be horribly jarring. Plus, a lot of those stories would be full of the "same old chiches".

2/ If you got rid of "reset button stories", about 99.9% of every Star Trek story ever made would have to be burned.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which in turn would forever rid the world of Voyager reruns... hmm... you were saying?
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps