Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star Trek Voyager/Game refrences. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Star Trek Voyager/Game refrences.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the first post probably should've contained spoiler warnings which PsyLiam already addressed. What I don't get is how my:
"He was also in this season's ep that dealt with the Maquis. Talkative as ever."

or TSN's:
"Yes, after I posted my confusion early Saturday morning, I discovered that that was the episode set to air on Saturday night, i.e. the current episode."

requires a complaint. Neither of us even started the thread nor did we post a spoiler.

And no, they didn't get married in "Course: Oblivion" I'd tell you who did, but...

Sorry. It just struck me wrong. I'll shut up.

Oh, and Vogon: Have you watched Temptation Island? Proof positive that sex before marriage is perfectly acceptable to most people in the U.S. (myself not included).

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

[This message has been edited by Aban Rune (edited January 31, 2001).]

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fact that they get married in Course: Oblivion doesn't matter as much as if they do in another episode, as they all died anyway, and it didn't affect the overall storyline.

------------------
*Kenshiro gets off bed made from solid stone*
*Bed made from solid stone explodes*
Fist of the North Star

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But nobody's complained about the two points you mention, Alan. Liam's (and my) displeasure concerns instead the revealing of future plot points, without warning of spoilers, in a context that didn't really require that information be divulged. As Liam points out, he could just have said "Lineage features Chell the Bolian, who appeared in Elite Force."

It's just sloppy, and it's been a point of contention for a long time. The most famous example here was where - SPOILERS AHEAD for s7 DS9 - someone asked a question about a new Starfleet/Federation logo seen in an episode of the Final Chapter, but happened to mention that it was on a certain replacement starship (you know the one I mean). WHY bring that up? It had nothing to do with the question.

------------------
"Businesses used to be like Christianity; if you were faithful and obedient, you could obtain bliss in the afterlife of retirement. Now it's more of a reincarnation model. If the worker learns enough in his current job, he can progress to a higher level of employment elsewhere."

- Dogbert

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, PsyLiam's last post appears to be a response to TSN. And it was a sarcastic response. I'm just not sure why it deserved it.

That's all.

I'm done.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Aban Rune (edited January 31, 2001).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Liam's repsonses are always sarcastic. And I assumed he was using my post as a launching point from which to mock and bitch at the people posting spoilers. I didn't take it as any sort of attack on myself.

Bear in mind, I got spoiled, too. Granted, it was only by a day or so, and I don't really care about such things, but it still puts me in the same category as the extraamericans in this case...

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cry me a river. Wahh wahh wahh wahh. I think this fourm is hosted in the United States, so therefore, assume everyone is on the US schedule. You know, where Star Trek was created, is filmed, and has the strongest fanbase.

As for Vogon Poet, do you know how every High School district in the US is run? Think they are all the same? Wrong. That and your views on premarital sex have no place here.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX GraphicsThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dismissed.

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's official. Wanker1701E has ruled that foreigners have no place here. I'd be interested to know what all of us non-Americans have to say about that - I'd list us all, but I haven't the time. Personally I'm amazed. All we ever asked is that people type in ONE little character - $ - so people are warned. But apparently that's too much to ask.

You see, as I understand the history of this place, it was orignally a Brit forum. That changed when yon Capps took it over. . . but I was told it's always remained an international place, where people can discuss whatever they like, about Trek or - these days! - just about anything else. Seems I was wrong. Just out of interest, anyone else feel that non-Yanks shouldn't be here? And what's your feelings about Canadians, Wesley? Anything concerning them you'd like to get off your chest?

Jesus motherfucking Christ. I'm just stunned at what he said. Sorry about the mini-rant, everyone else.

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you can guess how I feel about it. Everything you guys get to see will remain a spoiler for me for the next five years at the very least.

Then again, exactly because I get the good stuff so late, I've never been worried about getting spoiled. In the super-rare occasions I get to use spoiler warnings (mainly in connection with novels, which cross the pond far more rapidly than radio waves, it seems), I try to be generous with 'em $$$$$s. And when I goof up, I expect to be mail-bombed or Narn-baseball-batted or whatever the standard response is - I do sympathize with the poor you who get the stuff only a week, a month or a year late.

Timo Saloniemi

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Finland get's stuff later than other parts of Scandinavia? Later than Iceland?

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's perhaps too much to even say that we get the stuff. We're currently seeing Voyager season three, with DS9 on a post-"Broken Link" hiatus for the Nth year. We saw TNG in three parts, in three channels, as channel after channel passed it on like a lukewarm and slightly smelly potato. Videotapes seep through, with a total of two affordable dealers in the capital city and with one of these converting to DVD an uninterested in acquiring further tapes. Trying to get Fact Files would be prohibitively expensive.

And the "#�%& sadists stopped showing Stargate after season two! In reparations, we got to see Earth 2 three times...

Timo Saloniemi

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Hey, I for one am all for people from all areas. i think it livens things up. And I'm usually very good about spoiler stuff. But people just going off about crap really gets to me. I mean come on guys. It's a TV show. It's not like someone's revealing your future sexual encounters to every one...

Yes, people should be more considerate, but mellow out a little...it's not worth the embalism.

And rants and extra-sci-fi opinions have "Flameboard" written all over them.

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once upon a time, there was a TV show called Babylon 5. And it was watched by people all over the world.

Now, this show was currently in it's highly successful third season. The story was getting really interesting, and building up to what promised to be an interesting cliff hanger. It was being shown in the US and UK at roughly the same time.

And thus, was Z'Ha'Dum aired, to much acclaim. There were Brits who went onto the internet to discuss the shock cliffhanger. And they were devoured by hordes of angry yanks, complaining that they'd ruined the show for them. For, you see, the final few episodes had been held back in the US.

Now, the Brits got their bollocks ripped off for that. Despite the fact that it was only a TV show. Tsk.

Hey, don't we get Farscape before you do? Can we ruin that for you? Hmm? Please?

I wasn't complaining about the spoilers. I was complaining that they were unnessecary. The information could have easily been presented without ruining anything.

I know that people all over the world are up to different points. And I appreciate taht it may be hard avoiding mentioning any episode that hasn't been shown in the depths of Europe, where they have just discovered fire. But honestly, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out that the current season could be considered spoiler information.

AS a rough guidline, go by the UK/Australian Video releases, which currently include all of season 6 of Voyager, and no season 7. And if you're not sure, just put a *VOY s7* flag in the title. Honestly, is it hard to be a little bit considerate?

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

No, it isn't hard to be considerate at all. At least not for most people.

I never watched B5 and I don't watch Farscape. And if you want to tell me how next weeks ep of Voyager ends...I'll get over it.

I'm done.

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flare is global. More than that, it's pan-galactic. If anyone objects to this, there are other, more region specific places to go.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps