Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star Trek Voyager/Game refrences. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Star Trek Voyager/Game refrences.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interdimensional also, with all the timelines we follow...

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban: I'll get over it to. Doesn't mean that I like it.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spoilers should be banned.

'course, considering I never watch Voyager, the whole thread is one big, continuous spoiler for me. Bastards.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Forum Member Who Shall Be Nameless. 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited February 06, 2001).]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure there are at least 20 people out of the 500 that think we're all american. Not that I'm surprised. We mostly talk english here mostly. The dialects don't translate.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, "wanker" is a bit of a giveaway.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*grin*

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's also the fact that we spell things differently. Of course, with people like Omega around, different spellings of words aren't just limited to Brittain, Cannada and Austraalia.

It's our fault. We didn't pay much attention when we were learning United Statsian at school.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psyliam: OK

I don't like it either.

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Nim
Member # 205

Oh, you're so nieve!
Be careful with the sarcasums.
Come over, I'll show you my schmorgas-board. (Sm�rg�sbord - pr. 'Smurgosse-bourde')

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as spoilers go, I've gotten some people mad because they thought I should of put warnings and I thought it wasn't really necessary. For example, saying Q is in an upcoming Voyager episode isn't a spoiler.

I've heard that VCR's are made different or something in European countries. Too bad, I'd be willing to record episodes and send them out. For a small fee of course, mainly to cover the expense of shipping overseas.

I'm just now watching Babylon 5 for the first time on the Sci-Fi Channel which has just begun it's 5th season. Great show too, nice to see it everyday in order. And the more I watch it, the more Voyager's faults are obvious. I tried getting into Farscape..a couple times, but lost interest.

------------------
"You win again gravity" - Capt Zap Brannigan.
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The tapes are the same, powerage is different. The US runs on 60 cycles and Europe runs on something like 50. I just flipped a switch on the back of my stereo and bought a plug adapter, the other smaller stuff, shaver and clock were native, so I didn't need to worry....
Yes, we can do a tape/fact file exchange, for me at least. Let me know if they're any takers, email me with an address, and tomorrow I will get some tapes.

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The screen or display types are different too, so it's pointless. PAL vs NTSC, I believe.

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobbes: It's nice to hear that another person on this board is coming to the realization that Babylon 5 is a really good show.

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
B5 sucks.

The first few eps were cool. Then it went downhill.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Forum Member Who Shall Be Nameless. 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

The first few episodes were pants, then it was good, then great, then almost great, then pants again.

Almost everything made now is dual voltage anyway. 120 vs 240. Not that that makes a blinding difference for tapes. America and Japan use NTSC, whereas the rest of the world uses PAL. Which has a higher resolution. And is better. Natch.

Pretty much all VCR's made in the past few years though are NTSC compatible. So that's not the problem. No, the main problem is that it's a teeny weeny bit expensive to get tapes air-mailed over on a regular basis.

Still, I can and do buy US tapes from on-line stores. Or at least, I used to. I know buy DVD's. Which are region coded. Bastards.

------------------
-Bubbles

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps