Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Top 5 unanwsered ship questions. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Top 5 unanwsered ship questions.
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The federation would never have 2 vessels of the name and regesty in the same battle!

But the Federation had 2 vessels of the same name and registry in the same battle!

quote:
In fact the orignal melborne was long though to be the Rigel!

That doesn't make it true.

quote:

3.The Melborne is very diffent from the Nebula and could easly be a different type of ship.

I would say not more different than the Phoenix from the Farragut.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Challenger Class - Some say Constitution Variant, some say a more modern Galaxy Variant. Possibley the latter, but a Galaxy variant called 'Challenger', and a Galaxy Class called 'Challenger (Geordi's future command), it seems unlikely. Don't know about that one.

http://www.fleetyard.com/construction/construction.html

Challenger is a Galaxy/Typhoon-sub mix.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the episode "The Wounded", there is a model of a starship in the Phoenix's ready room. I don't believe this ship is a Nebula Class variant. I could be wrong. Does anyone have this episode and a scanner?

Spike,
I have been to your site. I see that you have listed class information for some of the ships for Star Trek VI. What is the source of your information?

I think, in regards to the battle in "Emissary", that the builders of that battle might have been wiser to give the Excelsior Class starship a new name and registry.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In the episode "The Wounded", there is a model of a starship in the Phoenix's ready room. I don't believe this ship is a Nebula Class variant. I could be wrong. Does anyone have this episode and a scanner?

Frank provided these screenshots a long time ago:
http://flare.solareclipse.net/cgi2/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000491&p=2

quote:
Spike,
I have been to your site. I see that you have listed class information for some of the ships for Star Trek VI. What is the source of your information?

Which ones exactly?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I would like to say that the rigel exists in some form especial since in the famous slide show there is still a uncounted for ship discription. "A Enterprise hull with two nacelles placed on the top of the saucer section" Althought this might be the discription of the Springfield?

The only other unused ship design was a Miarecki kitbash consisting of two Galaxy saucers stacked on top of each other, with two nacelles in between. This model was not meant to be one of the Okuda-ordered ships, and he has told me that no other ships of Miarecki's were used except the five we know of. It was probably made as a joke, and was most definitely not given a name or registry number.

There is NO Rigel. The name "Tolstoy" was dubbed over "Chekov" in post-production. The battle scene was already filmed before this change, so no other ships were added to the scene. Also, the Tolstoy was not mentioned in the first draft script for Emissary, so no corresponding model was likely built for that scene either.

quote:
I would love to see the lost footage! It supposly also apeared later on as a wreak in a Junk Yard/Battle scene? Althought I can't imagine which episode that was in as most of the war scenes were done?

Your source for this information?

[ June 03, 2001: Message edited by: Dukhat ]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Akula
Member # 319

- posted      Profile for Akula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The discription came from a show on props and ships. Most of the information was a old stuff they brought a model of a excelsior and a lot of props. But they did talk about the making of the first episode and some borg stuff. The guys were SFX,prop, and coustume guys I don't remeber there names as it was about a year and a half ago two years ago.
My understanding of the 2 galaxy saucers was that it had the top parts of 2 saucers and the warp nacelles at the very edge? Could you post a picture?

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No picture likely exists of the model. It probably was never even completed or painted. However, I made a crude photoshop pic from the Melbourne desktop model:

[ June 03, 2001: Message edited by: Dukhat ]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is an interesting idea for a ship... stick a 'connection' between the two saucers and possible a deflector dish on the underside... what would be 'technically' wrong with that design? Its like a stack of pancakes with two nacelles wedged in between them...

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey that ship's funny! Anyone for a Nacelle Sandwhich?

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like some kind of warp-capable frisbee... *L*
Akula
Member # 319

- posted      Profile for Akula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats really neat!
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Federation Warbird, perhaps?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like something out of battlestar galactica.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
interesting concept, but the nacelles in such close proximity to the saucers could possibly cause a number of hazardous warp field effects to the crew.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

And what's with the crew of an Oberth, Defiant or Steamrunner?

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps