Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "Unseen frontier" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: "Unseen frontier"
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andor?

Tellar?

Quo'nos (we never did see much of it)

Alpha Centauri

Memory Alpha (in the 24th century)

Narandra III? (A still taken from the surface by a klingon civilian as the battle wages above the clouds...just as the E-C' warpcore breached, or a STIIIish shot with the hull burning up)

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: Reverend ]

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Akula
Member # 319

- posted      Profile for Akula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing that would be cool,
Since your doing the Wolf359 scenes from scratch you could add in designs for the Apollo and Rigel,or perhaps there could be a massive map of the battle on one page, with ships that perticipated with a side view of each as a bottom border.
Also, Mars and the Moon in the 24th century.
And since it's the unseen universe perhaps it's time to see some ships that were never seen in star trek but mentioned.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some TOS ship things I'd like to see:
Fesarius (Combomite Maneuver)
Remants of Earth Outpost 4 after Romulan attack
Enterprise as viewed from the F-104 (Tomorrow is Yesterday)
Botany Bay
Nomad in space, before it collided with the alien probe (The Changeling)
Space Station K7 (Tribbles)
Space Amoeba (immunity Sydrome)
USS Hood, Lexingon, Potempkin, Excalibur flying in formation (Ultimate Computer)
Tholian Web

Are you planning to do scences from the animated series? Or does Paramount want to ignore this series some more? Also, are you going to design ships that have been mentioned but not seen? Can you use ships in other liscenced works, such as those by Franz Joseph?

On a more personal note , if you need some pre-TOS ship designs, I have a mess of them that you could use: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/sfmuseum/index.htm

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I for one would like to see pictures of starships that we�ve only seen in diagrams or models on the show, like the saladin/hermes/ptolemy in the movies, or ships like the DY-500, or from "Conspiracy", or the daedalus-model from DS9, or...

Well, you get the picture, the rare starships almost never seen before

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::Engage Fanboy Mode::

I'd like to see...

Ships/stations/places from TOS and perhaps even TAS. What about a 24th century articles on the Guardian of Forever, the cloudcities of Ardana. Perhaps a view of some DY-100s in orbit of Earth, or even docked to the ISS. You could design your own Earth-Saturn probe, from "Tomorrow is Yesterday".
Or what about a blurry shot of the S.S. Valiant's last moments near the galactic barrier. A visualisation of a Denevan parasite infection on one of the other planets mentioned in "Operation: Annihilate!", or a humankinds first steps on Mars and the foundation of the Martian Colonies.
Daedalus ships being constructed, or a Daedalus on a mission.
Another nice touch would be a CGI model of the original 1701, as seen in the pilots. Bring back the spikes, the unlit ramscoops, the large bridge dome and the black strips! Maybe for a visualisation of the launch of the 1701 in 2245?
You know what also would be cool? Some shots of the aquashuttle or the scouter gig from "The Ambergris Element" (TAS).
I would appreciate some 'screentime' for the very much unseen aliens from the movies, like the Saurians or the Betelgeusians.
I agree with Masao (or who said it?) that the ships from the Star Fleet TM are a nice addition.
And that idea of picturing a busy starbase appeals to me as well. All kinds of unseen freightery looking ships, workbees, travel pods, runabouts, shuttles and the occasional major Starfleet ship all floating around one of those large 'mushrooms'. Just imagine...

::Wakes up from fanboy mode::

Whatever you choose to do, this book definately has the potential for being one of the coolest books on Trek .

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's becoming clear that this should be one of those bigass 'coffee table' books... you know, the kind people use for tables when they're writing in their laps, the kind that weigh more than a good-sized dog...
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could have a section on the "dark events" of Federation history:
The Romluan War
Station Salem One
Antwerp Bombing
Wolf 359
Breen Attack
Those three months between "Call to Arms" and "A time to Stand"
Diagrams and pictures would be appreciated.

--------------------
Meh

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of these suggestions sound AWESOME!

As for planets... I'd have to say

Trill
Betazed
and perhaps even the raising of Cardassia Prime or a view out those Windows that Vedek Winn and Minister Jaro Esa were infront of during "The Circle". Blue skies and those wierd-ass monastary buildings.

Elaysia - that planet that Ensign Melora Pazlar was from - where they have low gravity would be awesome too.

The Borg assimilating the sex planet from "Justice" TNG season 1! LOL! I think that's were the Borg Queen came from ;o)

The Jarada!! (or maybe just a ship?)

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone remember that Phase II sketch of a starbase inside an asteroid? Would be very " ".

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since we're submitting ideas, here's mine.

The interior of the largest temple on Bajor. They always seemed vaguely Catholic in organization, so I'm wagering they've got their version of St. Peter's there somewhere. Set the camera down in the, uh, Bajoran equivalant of pews, and look up. Religious iconography always makes for fun photographs. For drama's sake, half the cathedral could be covered in scaffolding, with a caption describing how it was nearly destroyed during the Occupation, and how rebuilding it was the first task Bajor undertook once the Cardassian's withdrew.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Asteroid starbase and very cool SFHQ: http://www.ralphmcquarrie.com/movies/startrk/index.html

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason I was under the impression that the Asteroid base seen in "The Art of Star Trek" was supposed to be a First Federation Base (remmember Balok?)
Does anyone have any info on the Phase II scripts that were never used? its either that or I'm just plain old crazy.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Another little idea popped up in my head. What if, in the starship scenes, you play around a bit with the threedimensional positioning of ships.
This is what sparked my imagination: Bridge Commander screenshot

--------------------

Mojo
Member # 536

- posted      Profile for Mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really happy to see so many of your thoughts and ideas for this book. Many of them are already in the works, although including all of them would be impossible!

Of course, I can't comment on exactly what will and will not be in the final publication, but I'm aiming to make it as exciting as possible.

Also, keep in mind that 'Unseen Frontier' mostly refers to imagery we haven't seen before on the show, not necessarily *events* we haven't seen.

Some chapters will be expansions on what was aired, some will be all-new.

The dimensions of the book are the same as the Star Trek ACTION book released a few years ago, something like 9.5 X 10.5.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some ideas:

--The Gratitude Festival & the Ha'mara Festival as they take place on Bajor.

--a baseball game on Cestus III between the Pike City Pioneers &....I dunno, the Niners? Or as many that are left. Remmember, Kasidy's brother lives there.

--various alien worlds including Bynaus (home of the Bynars), Pacifica (a pelagic planet perhaps?), & the aforementioned Trill.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  24  25  26   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps