Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "Unseen frontier" (Page 3)

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: "Unseen frontier"
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ladies & Gents, I do believe we need an official "Mojo Day" on the Flare forums.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Mojo Day"?

Some newbies might get confused and thing we're having an orgy...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must say, Mojo, that you've sold this book to me already!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mojo:
::summons up best little kid voice::

Please sir, may we see some more Mars?

A Martian city? A Federation R&D facility on the surface? Can we please reconcile the Mars we've seen with a terraformed or partially terraformed Mars? I don't recall what part of the surface was shown in 'Relativity', but we could reconcile it as if it were the Tharsis region, which is high enough in elevation that it would be a sort of preserve.

To summarize what I would like to see: Mars Mars Mars Mars Mars!!! But NOT Utopia Planitia!

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me guess: your favorite movies are, as follows:

Total Recall
Mission to Mars
Red Planet
Ghosts of Mars

Am I forgetting any?

--------------------
Meh

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bradbury Chronicles

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Kim Stanely Robinson Mars Trilogy... but I digress...

I mentioned before about seeing different parts of ships from different angles, i.e. peering out a large window and seeing another part of the ship or even some of those windows on DS9, you notice that we NEVER saw any of the Docking rings or pylons outside anyones quarters on the habitat ring!?!

Also, speaking of different things we haven't seen on ships... the CETATION SECTIONS on the E-D... the WHALES and the DOLPHINS are active crew members... they aid in navigation... I'd love to see the big tanks... and the've gotta have windows. I wonder if they're allowed to use the holodeck?

The arboretum on the E-D - those big blue windows or the flight deck on either the E-E or the Voyager!

Wasn't there also a Venus station mentioned!?! Or some more of Starbase 12 seen in "The Die Is Cast" and "Court Martial"

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
WHALES and the DOLPHINS are active crew members... they aid in navigation...

They do? Uh ... this isn't seaQuest, DSV.

And yes, I noticed that about the DS9 windows, too. Maybe the living quarters on the top and bottom most levels of the habitat look "over" the docking ring? And then, of course, the ones we've seen (in addition to being on the top or bottom levels) also don't face a pylon, or the Core.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Uh ... this isn't seaQuest, DSV."

Read the TNGTM. And refer to the episode where someone (Geordi or Riker) makes some comment to the effect of "You gotta see the whales..." (or was it the dolphins?).

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, yes, I'm not surprised they're on-board the Enterprise, just that they help in navigation.

"Gee, I wanna be a navigator!" "No, sorry, we got more then enough blue whales enlisting this semester."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! I wanna see Chekov appear in the 24th century...

"Vhere is your Nawigator!?!"
"Ahhh well we use whales for that now"
"uh"

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's why he switched to tactical. Although he might have switched back (is anyone sure what Chekov's job is by TUC?)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ship's counselor.

"I feel like shit, Commander..."
"Let me TELL you about feeling like shit, OK? I've had an EEL in my ear, been fried by Nomad, had my chick killed by a planet-running computer, had ANOTHER chick become a space hippie, been arrested by 20th-century American military authorities, fallen off the flight deck of an aircraft carrier, almost operated on AND KILLED by medics in that same time period, been scared half to death by corpses...but then, that kept me from getting old....so don't tell ME about feeling like shit!"
:::blinks::: "You're a Russian Jew, aren't you."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) didnt the TNG TM say the whales were Lieutenant Commanders?

2) Chekov never had his 'chick' killed by a planet running computer.

3) Scotty was fried by Nomad, not Chekov. However, Chekov got lightly toasted by V'Ger, but not fried.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
Let me guess: your favorite movies are, as follows:

Total Recall
Mission to Mars
Red Planet
Ghosts of Mars

Am I forgetting any?

Total Recall was OK, though Mars was much too red. Mission to Mars sucked balls. I haven't worked up enough of a stomach to sit through Red Planet without puking yet. I refuse to acknowledge Gosts of Mars even exists...

And the Bradbury Chronicles were cool except for the first part where they tried to explain why Viking didn't find a Martian city ("If it had looked behind it..." )

And the Mars Trilogy rocks. Can't wait for James Cameron to put that sucker on film...

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: OnToMars ]

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  24  25  26   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps