Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "Unseen frontier" (Page 5)

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: "Unseen frontier"
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, Paul, George, Ringo?!
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ANYway....

I think someone mentioned the Smithsonian Orbital Annex earlier...what of other "institutes o' importance?" The Vulcan Science Academy, the Daystrom Institute, etc.

Is there a "Federation Red Cross?" Do they do relief work on Cardassia? What about a Peace Corps?

What do concerts look like in the 22nd, 23rd, & 24th centuries? Is there still places like Tanglewood, or are there neat-azz rock concerts like Sharon Apple's show in "Macross Plus?" Are missile fields on the "Register of Historic Earth Places?"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dunno how he's gonna do it, but he bought the rights to do so. But right now he's working on (or was) an IMAX movie following the first mission to Mars.

Cool shit.

Oooh, another idea, Mojo: the landing of the first Martian colony(ies); featuring everybody's favorite multigenerational famous family; the Picards.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If someone can do marine animals, I would like to see the aquarium/oceanography department shown in the Ent-D blueprints.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For institutes, don't forget the first, The American Continent Institute!
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mojo, tell me, do you ever read your messages?

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: pIn'a' Sov ]

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, he's probably hard at work rendering hordes of Andorian battlecruisers. Give the man some slack...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he's concentrating on the Morg ship from "Spock's Brain" ;o)

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
For institutes, don't forget the first, The American Continent Institute!

of course, after years of getting old on Talos, Dr. Haskins should have called it the American Incontinent Institute

BA-DOOM-BOOM!
chhhhhhh!

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Mojo
Member # 536

- posted      Profile for Mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eventually I get back here to read the mail :-)

Actually, I've been VERY hard at work finishing up the 2003 Ships of the Line calendar. I may end up eating these words (you lot are a tough bunch to please) but I do believe it is the best one by far. The images are turning out just spectacularly and I think the concept is working better than planned.

Anyone who had a beef with the 'artistic' concept of the 2002 edition will be pleased to know that we're back to nice, horizontal shots of full-screen ships again.

However, I will tease you all and say there's not a SINGLE shot of a ship in space :-)

Mojo

Mojo
Member # 536

- posted      Profile for Mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A CALL TO ARMS! MOJO NEEDS *YOU*

Ok, folks, I need your help doing research for the UNSEEN FRONTIER book. I'm currently hard at work on the outline, and YOU can have an impact on it! Have your voice heard and your wishes granted!

The toughest chapter for me to outline is THE DOMINION WAR. Partly because it is such a complex beast, but mostly because - and don't hate me for this - I haven't seen every DS9 episode a dozen times.

This weekend I am going to sit down with a pile of DS9 tapes and a LOT of cheese doodles and figure out just what the hell to do with this chapter.

How can you help, I hear y'all murmuring?

Well, I'd love for each and every one of you to post what YOU think the most important dozen-or-so episodes are in the Dominion War saga. The episodes that tell the meat of the story and feature the all-important ACTION that we want to see in this book!

Also, feel free to list major events (either seen on the show or NOT seen) that you'd like to see covered in the book. Obviously I'm looking for moments that are important to the story but also visually compelling. The Breen attack on San Francisco and the big battle in 'Sacrafice of Angels' are examples.

And don't bother nitpicking each other's posts - I want your personal, individual opinions. My job is to consider all the options and choices and pick what I think works best.

So rev up your keyboards, lend a hand and help make this the best Trek book ever.

Mojo

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not actually in keeping what you asked for Mojo but I just have to say this. I would like to see Cyrano Jones ship the Spacematic from "Trials and Tribbleations", it�s such a fun ship

Btw, Mojo, thanks for checking your messages I actually had your emailadress, but that didn�t work, wierd, it worked when I sent you that pic of the klingon ship from "All good things.." Btw, I have better caps now...

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some we've seen before, some we haven't...

- Death of the Defiant
- Beginning of battle in "Sacrifice of Angels"
- Arrival of the Klingons in "Sacrifice of Angels"
- Breen Attack on San Francisco
- Dominion ships last stand at Cardassia Prime
- Orbital bombardment of Cardassia Prime
- Cardassia after the bombardment
- Federation Fleet destroying Dominion Shipyard in "Call to Arms"
- The 7th Fleet getting it's ass whooped in "A Time to Stand"
- Battle of Betazed

Even the ones we DID see on TV would be nice to see in a more artistic portrayal.

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."
Kosh: "Good."

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stuff from "In The Pale Moonlight." Picking through the wreckage of Vreenak's shuttle, the signing of the treaty of alliance with the Romulans (or Proconsul Neral's "televised" speech on it?), the first Romulan attack on Dominion holdings.

During "Sacrifice Of Angels," there was a hole unseen part of the battle after Defiant shot through the ranks.

The attack on the Torros III Dominion shipyard that Sisko mentioned at the end of "Call To Arms."

The actual destruction of the Honshu by Cardassian attack fighters from "Waltz."

I'm more of a "little thing" person though. I want to see LT Vilix'pran's budlings. I want to see stuff from the Klingon Conflict of 2372-73. There's lots of little "holding action" battles that were one-line mentions from the Dominion War Those would work, too.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mojo:
A CALL TO ARMS! MOJO NEEDS *YOU*

Wow . . . this is the coolest thing I've ever seen. I'm the new guy asking: 'Where were these forums all my life?' :-D haha

I've got to agree with the fellow who mentioned "In the Pale Moonlight" . . . and also a great deal of "Siege of AR-558". Not only is there ground combat galore, but you also get to see the grittier, tough-as-nails "counselors be damned" side of the fleet.

G2k

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  24  25  26   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps