Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ship losses in Dominion War? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Ship losses in Dominion War?
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
40'000 in a pigs eye! Being a scribe of the Chrono-registry theory, there is no way in Gene's fictional universe that Starfleet ever had 40'000 vessels at one time. I doubt that at any one time Starfleet had more than 20'000 ships--- I hold fast to figures between 8'000 and 12'000 during and about DS9.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I want to know. Some have "Tacking Into the Wind," or are you scared to check?

--------------------
Meh

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sure its from "tacking into the Wind"? because I tought it was from
"When it rains" where Martok mentions that at that momnet he has 1500
klingon ships with the same moifaction as the K'tiang with more getting it done?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Being a scribe of the Chrono-registry theory

Hmmm-hmmm. You don't say. Mine is a theory too

Hunter: ???

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the script of "When it Rains...":

MARTOK
By tomorrow, we'll have eleven
hundred Klingon vessels ready for
deployment.

The "twenty-to-one" quote is also in the script.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops. My mistake.

--------------------
Meh

Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for checking. The "1100 Klingon ships" line is a bit too vague in and of itself to establish the size of the entire Klingon fleet, but at a twenty-to-one ratio that alone would put the Dominion fleet at 22,000. 22,000 is a whole lotta ships. If one chooses to interpret the "twenty-to-one" line as a reference to the ratio between the combined Alliance (Federation and Klingon) fleet and the Dominion fleet one gets an even greater number. Either way, I still think the lines point towards a "small Starfleet," with no more than a few thousand "capital" ships.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps