Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » If you could get Paramount to CGI a model... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: If you could get Paramount to CGI a model...
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hacked-together TOS ships?!?! All we ever saw on screen were Constitution-class ships. Do you mean you're doing some of the Franz Joseph ships from the Starfleet Technical Manual?!?!?! That would make much hapiness around here.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christ, someone asks a simple question:

quote:
That is to say, if Paramount suddenly needed a Trek model to be made into a CGI model for an episode of Trek, and would be willing to pay someone to make a CGI model of a Trek ship previously not done as one (but seen on screen as a physical model), what ship would you want done?

Note the key phrases "a Trek model" and "what ship" - note lack of plural there - so waht does someone do? Post an entire fucking list. And anytime someone asks a question like this it's the same. Jesus wept, it's no wonder you couldn't elect a President, probably ticked/crossed/punched/drew lines to all the potential candidates. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mojo's got an Amby! Woohoo!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well given he probably already had the saucers from Jupiter Station, I don't think it's really hard to slightly modify them to make Ambassador saucers. All he then has to do is make the secondary hull and nacelles.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. That's all. [Roll Eyes]

Federation starship?

Personally, I would have to vote for one of Masao's pre-fed Earth ships. I would love to see one of those matched up alongside the E-D or something similiarly familiar.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Orleans would be my top choice but I'd also like to see more of the Centaur.

Mojo: Are you talking about the Defiant model made for "The Changing Face of Evil" or yet another new one? I thought the one from TCFoE was already pretty darn good.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Mojo
Member # 536

- posted      Profile for Mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, one of the guys at Foundation made an Ambassador class ship from scratch, without ever seeing the Jupiter station.

As a matter of fact, I never even SAW the Jupiter space station until yesterday, when I was poking around online and found a few pictures of it. Very cool! I hope to include it in the book.

I hadn't seen ANY CG Defiant model that was any good. One was made for "Sacrafice of Angels" and Hutzel had his own made later on, but (in my opinion) neither were even close to the studio model. The new one I commissioned is one of the best CG models I have ever seen. You can stare at it with a magnifying glass and even *I* can't tell it's CG!

If there was a place I could show you a test render, I'd be happy to.

And yes, I have a few FJ ships built and rendered.

Oh, hot off the press: An Oberth class vessel has just been completed. It looks great and you should see a lot of it in the book. It's currently named USS PEGASUS, so make of that what you will :-)

Come to the GALLIFREY con in LA in February and you can see all!

MOJO

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Rejoice!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mojo, where do you buy the tickets for the Gallifrey this Feb? My birthday is coming up and I might go as a birthday present to myself.

Oh, and did you get my private message?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mojo, you want a Jupiter Station and a New Orleans? I've got these if you wanna take a looksee.

http://www.trekmania.net/art/neworleans08.jpg

It needs additional texturing though...

http://www.trekmania.net/art/jupiter5.jpg

have most of the others mentioned too.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's pretty funny.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's funny?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what's funny. [Confused]

I do know that whoever dropped the Ambassador model should be punished - very careless. [Mad]

Vogon Poet: stop whining about the lists. It's not our fault that Paramount left so many classes unseen! [Mad] [Mad]

Mojo: What's this book that you keep referring to? [Confused]

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

Well, whoever dropped the model and whoever decided to keep the thing afterwards should be both punished. I have a lot of time before school and an assortment of sex toys that I've been dying to try...

I'd like to see the Voyager prototype be made into a CGI, perhaps to be a class never before seen only heard.

--------------------

Mojo
Member # 536

- posted      Profile for Mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who dropped what? I don't know this story...
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps