Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » 'The scripts of the movies' or 'What should I take serious and what not' (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: 'The scripts of the movies' or 'What should I take serious and what not'
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
KIRK
What are you doing, Spock?

SPOCK
I am preparing to toast a marsh melon.

Marsh melon? Kirk and McCoy hide their smiles as Spock
holds the marshmallow over the fire.

OMG! He DID say Marsh Melon - so that was supposed to be a 'funny'!?! I thought it was just some wierd-arse American way of saying Marshmallow!?! [Wink]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:
You see the difference? Intrepid was cut, but appearantly the dialogue of Lt. Trillya remained
since she was visible on-screen.

Ahhhhh is that the woman with the dark brown hair on the large screen at the back right!?! She looks like 99 from Get Smart... similar mannerisms, no?

Andrew

Didn't the Encyclopedia say she was the *famous* singer of some obscure 80's-band? (And yes, that's her on the right screen).

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jane Wiedlin, cutie of the Go-Gos. She also played Joan of Arc in "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Now if anyone is crazy enough to want to format these scripts into HTML, be my guest...
I could do that easily! I've got Movie Magic ScreenWriter 2000, and that eats scripts for lunch. All I need to do is import them into the app, then save in whatever format is asked for.

I may just do that anyway to add it to my site...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the station was disabled, I saw two ships in the docking bay-an Excelsior Class and a Miranda Class. Could the Miranda Class starship be the USS Intrepid ?
Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^

What I said; yes, I think so. Since the old one was destroyed in TOS.

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's unlikely that the Intrepid would be of Excelsior class, given that another ship of that name but of a different era will be one. So the Miranda could be our Intrepid. Then again, so could that second Constitution we see. Or even the Oberth, although why that ship should be deployed against the Whale Probe is unclear!

Personally, I'd like the new Intrepid to be a Constellation or some other ship unseen in the movie. Newer and bigger than the old Constitution, and not stepping on the toes of the SotSF registry scheme for Mirandas... I wonder if the Okudagrams of SF HQ or Spacedock feature the name Intrepid somewhere, perhaps even associated with a registry number? Wouldn't Okuda have worked from relatively early versions of the script?

Timo Saloniemi

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

^^^^

Do you know he worked for the movie's art department? I'm not sure if he already was on board when they produced it.

And from my understanding, they didn't want to use those ships against the probe but evacuate them. If energy fails and the probe attacks the dock, it would be a death trap for those ships still inside.

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wonder if the Okudagrams of SF HQ or Spacedock feature the name Intrepid somewhere
Well, we got one clear look at one of the displays:
http://home.arcor.de/spike730/misc/display_tvh.jpg
Only numbers, but it's possible that more interesting information is on other displays.
Maybe you want to ask Okuda about this topic?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, interesting picture: if those numbers to the left of the XYZ coordinates are NCC numbers (like the letters CC on the header might suggest), then it seems likely that there ARE some names there as well. Why else would the numbers be of such different lengths?

Even if some are 2-digit ones, some have to have 6 digits for the different lengths to be fully explained... I don't think anybody would really use 6-digit NCCs, no matter whether he or she believes in chronological ordering or not. They just wouldn't look like ship registries, but more like phone numbers...

I just have to ask Okuda about that. Currently, though, my email is thoroughly jammed. I got out the remaining Drexler photos (thanks Mark!) just in time before everything crashed here at the university...

Timo Saloniemi

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's another picture
http://home.arcor.de/spike730/misc/display2_tvh.jpg

Doesn't look like "NCC". The first letter seems to be an L.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

Allthough it seems the chart headline says 'OC', it might be a good solution to contact him. I rememebr a large display showing the way the probe had taken to get to earth and all ships it had disabled on its way.

--------------------

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

Didn't see your last post, Spike. Well, since the map shows San Fransisco and the area, and the headline says something about communication arrays and the three digits in front of the numbers seem to be different from each other, I think it is safe to assume that it is not a shiplist. [Wink]

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

The leftmost column probably specifies "location", so the letters would be LOC. And RX, RY and RZ either give that location in different terms, or then specify a heading or bearing.

Since we apparently operate in three dimensions (and since the numbers seem to apply to a "sector 27MX"), I think the map of San Francisco area is unrelated to these numbers... Then again, there are those POTX/Y/Z or ROTX/Y/Z things written in red on the SF map. Perhaps "sector 27MX is not a deep space sector at all, but some sort of a local defence sector.

I'm not sure if Okuda did these displays, or just the ones on the Enterprise and the BoP. Only one way to find out...

Timo Saloniemi

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for making them available!

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps