Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Just a small question... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Just a small question...
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(I know it always starts with a small question, but this is a really small question, I promise...)

What's the registry (and name? God no, that would be too much...!) of the Excelsior-class-ship seen at Utopia during 'Relativity'? I know the others (Akira and Galaxy) were probably the good old Enterprise-Ds and Thunderchilds, but this one seems to have another registry than anything seen before.

Here's a picture, from stinsv, they also have larger versions. I think that's the one from the episode and not the image done for the SotF-calendar, allthough I could be wrong since there's also a large-resolution shot.

The ship's registry appears to be (judging by this shot) 4xx81.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no answer. Everyone either believes it is the USS Fredrickson NCC-42111 or an unnamed ship NCC-4281.

I go with 42111.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it's Fredrickson, but that's definitely not 42111. That's a CGI, so does no one know who labeled it? Or if the ship appeared another time? Or what? Or nothing? Strange...

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is NCC-42111. Pic is deceptive. Mojo (or Bonchune)confirmed it.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...another registry than anything seen before."

It was seen before. The Frederickson originally appeared in DS9. It was being towed away from the aftermath of a battle in one of the War Arc eps.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Frederickson was seen in "A Time to Stand" in that big, damaged fleet at the beginning of the episode.

--------------------
Meh

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

The Fredrickson, yes, but not the 4x81/4xx81-version. Besides that, the Fredrickson didn't look CGI. Just my opinion. It was not the same CG vessel originally used for 'Flashback', right? It looked different.

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
correcct me if im wrong (heh), but wasnt the Flashback Excelsior a practical model, not CGI? I seem to remember seeing pictures of a new, shorter Excelsior model that appeared in Flashback (since the original was converted to E-B refit, and they needed one that looked more like the original Excelsior.
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's definitely not the Frederickson, because if you look closely at the U.S.S. ***** on the hull, it's only very short, perhaps four or five words.

I don't know if I agree that the registry is 42111. It looks to me like NCC 4861, being four digits

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, I've got to agree with Mim (rare occasion). It's Fredrickson NCC-42111, confirmed by Mojo as he was part of the team who did this CGI segment. It looks funny because they probably used as smaller sized font than they're supposed to or it's a result of the texture mapping or angle or whatever.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason it doesn't look like five digits is because the 1's are so skinny. "11" ends up being about the same width as '8' or '6' or whatever wide digit you want to use.

And the reason the first two ones look like they're a singl digit is because on of the hull lines runs right in between them. When everything is all blurred the way it is, the digits and the hull line merge together and look like just a single number-like blob.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ April 07, 2002, 15:55: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like CaptainMike said, I believe DS9's Fredrickson was a relabel of the "Flashback" physical model. It seems strange that Mojo would bother transfering the name and rego to a CGI model.

BTW, I think the Excelsior seen closeup in the "Favor the Bold" fleet is the Fredrickson. The rego can be seen on the hull, although my tape is not high enough quality to be sure.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Mike: I hate to say this, but that doesn't really help. You've got the wrong font. The correct font has smaller diagonals on the 1's, making them skinnier.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, FUCK. Every time I rebuild my PC I forget to save the fonts. What font is the proper one, and where can I get it?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps