Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Computer images from "Conspiracy", et. al (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Computer images from "Conspiracy", et. al
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've made some caps from "The Last Outpost" @ http://harry2002.host.sk/dvdump/tng/lastoutpost/page_01.htm , they're again the same pics.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooh.. interesting stuff.. first thoughts:

the Connie-refit cutaway looks to be reused from Okuda's ST:IV graphics.. still has the old wide font at th bottom of it as he designed the movie era screens..

theres a FASA klingon ship.. k-23 if i recall...

he let a bunch of stuff in the top screen upside down youll note.. why? [oh yeah.. the old excuse ' i never thought anyone would put this on DVD and microsopically examine every frame'.. what jury would buy that? just like trying to explain all the quasi uniforms in TMP]

that first exterior shot would be the aborted attempt to show the articulation of the Ferengi ship's moving wings (the shots were scrapped when the moving parts crushed all the neon within the ship, requiring the lighting to be rebuilt)

[ May 30, 2002, 04:03: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you look at the LCARS borders and text alignment surrounding the upper display, you'll that's also flipped. I suspect it's the from same footage, but flipped.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CaptainMike - Klingon FASA ship K-23??? What is this, and are you sure? It looks like a standard D-7 or K'tinga to my untrained eye.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm. yes.. wel.. um... it looked k23 on my first glance, but enhacing it it seems to be D7.. i was mislead since that particular drawing (from FASA anyway) seems to have a lot of etail rawn in on the centerline of the secondary hulll that was k23 shaped.. oh well

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a Starships thread. You will find it there.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone been able to find out what this is:

http://home.arcor.de/spike730/misc/displays/conspiracy_005.jpg

I've tried to find a FASA ship with this configuration on ShipSchematics, but so far, zippo. Could this be a ship from the Spaceflight Chronology? Since I don't have the book, I can't check.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dukhat, I tried to figure out what it is; it looks like the fuel tanker from Jackill's SRM, well, at least a bit. I doubt it is a base, but decide for yourself:

-

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The front part (at least, I assume it's the fornt...the section to the right) looks an awful lot like a Gunstar.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kyle: OK, here's my questions:

1. Is that image taken directly from Jackill's manual, or did you draw it yourself?

2. Is this a top view or a sideview?

3. Does the ship have a name or a class?

4. Is there a better picture of it somewhere, and

5. Where can I find more of Jackill's designs? ShipSchematics had some, but I couldn't find one that looked like this ship.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The image above was a drawing I did when you asked for a better view. It's the screenshot, with corrected angle and enlarged. I simply reworked the green lines to make it clearer.

The ship I mentioned is a 'Huntington-class Deuterium tanker' from SRM 3. It's basically a streched Constitution secondary hull with two engines right and left of it and two big tanks - one above and one below the ship.

The image was not very clear, and I don't know if there are earlier versions of that ship, so maybe they used that ship image. I guess what we see on my picture is a top-view while the Huntington sideview would be close to this ship. If you want pictures, I can scan it.

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

You mean this?:

http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/deuteriumtanker_huntington.jpg

No, I'm afraid I don't think it's the same ship. Good guess, though. And now that I think about it, I really doubt Mike would have used a non-canon design in an Okudagram, unless it was from FASA (which still had their license at that point).

[ May 30, 2002, 13:55: Message edited by: Dukhat ]

--------------------

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

^^^^

Yes, that's it. If you remove the line connecting the foreward and aft part of the tank you get four tanks, tow above, two below the ship. That's what I though happened here.

--------------------

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

As good as possible from the screencap:

-

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Well, the thing sticking out of the end of the right side could be a top-view of a Connie nacelle, but other than that, there seems to be no discernible characteristics of any Starfleet ship (which was the same story with the Lotus Flower, which made me think it was a FASA ship).

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps