Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Computer images from "Conspiracy", et. al (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Computer images from "Conspiracy", et. al
The Defiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://home.arcor.de/spike730/misc/displays/conspiracy_005.jpg

TO: CAPT. JIM KIRK
USS ENTERPRISE NCC-40147 or 4087
STARFLEET

That's basically what CapMike pointed out, but that's what I could decipher

[ June 30, 2002, 18:42: Message edited by: Ed / BWC ]

IP: Logged
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, obviously it doesn't say "Enterprise" if that's the NCC number you made out.

BTW, here's the original FASA miniature of the Lotus Flower (the ship in the second Conspiracy jpeg).

-

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, is that a Constitution-nacelle on top of it?

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the FASA diagram, it is.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The Defiant
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
[QB]Well, obviously it doesn't say "Enterprise" if that's the NCC number you made out.

It may be an in-joke.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
Well, obviously it doesn't say "Enterprise" if that's the NCC number you made out.

Of course not. He plainly stated that it read "ENTERPISE." Therefore, we can perhaps infer that this "Starship Enterpise" is commanded by one CPT Jim Bob Kirk & is infact some sort of intragalactic bakery-product transfer vessel.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

The Defiant
Ex-Member

Yeah, it's a, uh, a Baker class transport.
See here.

With ovens powered directly from the Warp Core.

[ May 30, 2002, 19:19: Message edited by: The Defiant ]

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The mystery ship that wasn't a Huntington tanker is very probably taken from the old Spaceflight Chronology. The book has several designs that look roughly like that, although I don't remember which one this is supposed to be. Will check over the weekend.

Timo Saloniemi

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Timo: I know it's been awhile, but were you able to check the Spaceflight Chronology for the mystery ship?

--------------------

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually Dukhat, there is no ship in that book which correspond to that design. However, I will soon add a new section to my homepage. I just bought the book, so you can look forward to seeing all the starships, bases and what nots from "Spaceflight chronology" on the Guardian of Forever.
I will also post a pic here as soon as I get home. I got it from a guy who has done a cool job with the mystery ship. You�ll see [Big Grin]

[ June 25, 2002, 02:33: Message edited by: pIn'a' Sov ]

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
TO: CAPT. JIM KIRK
USS ENTERPISE NCC-40147 or 4087

I may be wrong, but could swear that it says "U.S.S. ATLANTIC".

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

I thought it said "U.S.S. Alaska," which could have been a reference to the FASA Alaska-class starships, of which the Enterprise-C was a member (according to FASA, since at the time there was no correlation between the Enterprise-C and the Ambassador class, which was then only referred to in dialogue about the Horatio).

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, what was the Alaska's registry number? Does it fit?
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the good old days of screen-analysis... [Smile]

-

the four words on the left side are pretty clear: To, From, Subject and Stardate.

To: The first is 'Cpt' for sure, then two short words, but it's not Jim Kirk. Below the Atlantic/Alaska/whatever (I thought it was Atlantis), registry 40xxx.

From: first word is Cmdr, followed by either the first name of the person or two short words. since I think the second word is 'in', I assumed it is Commander-in-chief. The name is unclear. The line below could indicate Planet/number/Base-name/coordinates or something.

Subject: No idea

Stardate: Most definitely 4, followed by either 1 or... something else.

The rest is unclear, too.

Do you think that Okuda still keeps those old Okudagrams somwhere?

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Most of that is really too hard to read though. It could be anything.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps