Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Favorite ship's design elements. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Favorite ship's design elements.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm a big Ambassador fan, but i also love the Constitution (in any form), Miranda, Galaxy, Excelsior, Nebula and Constellation classes. i'm a pretty big fan of the Movie era ships, as they look much more realistic in my mind than the TNG ships, but i still love the Galaxy class and the related nebbie. to me, the Ambassador captures the utlititarian look of the Movie ships while also having the round, more progressive look of the TNG ships. I really wish they had put the Ambassador class ship in the end of Generations instead of the Nebula like they were originaly going to. *sigh* The Excelsior just looks muscled and rakish, to me. like it can take on anything. i love it. the scene where it pulls away from the Enterprise in Star Trek VI is really classic. The Connie is the Connie, and it is gorgeous and (in Movie form) realistic. The Galaxy just seems so confident, and seem to exude the fact that it is State of the Art. great ships, all of them.

--jacob

[ June 10, 2002, 15:00: Message edited by: EdipisReks ]

IP: Logged
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally like all the 23rd century ships for some reason. Maybe because they looked like they had power, unlike the Galaxy class and the related ships looked like they were space hotels or the Galactic hot rods. The 23rd century ships had the muscle, not the finese of the 24th century ships.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

The BWC
Ex-Member

It always seemed to me that after the Galaxy Class most everything has been turned into a supership because they made the Galaxy too good, being able to go up to warp 9.6, and resulting with just too high speed like warp 9.975. It would have been better if it sill went up to warp 10, but but the E-D would only have a top speed of 8.1 and having room to expand. In other words, the shouldn't have made such a technolgical leap between STVI and TNG, ao they could progress more understanably, in a sense. Have like the technology of the E-C on the E-D. You know what I mean.
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definately Excelsior- and Enterprise-class. Why? Because all angles look good.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I perfer a scale of the old Warp scale. Seeing that they cubed the Warp Factor, so Warp 2 was 8c and Warp 10 was 1000c and so on. They could have just used the 4th power for the TNG scale. If they wanted a limit, use Warp 100 as a limit.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Excelsior class, Enterprise-B varient, of course. Those aren't extra shuttlebays, they're impulse engines! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does BWC know what the ships look like? He can only listen to the Shows on casette, right?
The BWC
Ex-Member

I have the internet, bozo.

You know how Riker ordered Warp 13 in AGT? Here is a warp scale I devised. It would take the 3/4 of normal power to reach up to warp 6, the 1 1/2 to Warp 10, then 3 times to warp 13, then 6 times to warp 14 then 36 times normal power to get to warp 14.5, then almost infinte power to warp 14.51. Here is perliminary scale, without a bunch of info:
http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/818/warp1.jpg

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That absolutely made no sense at all. [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Additional Assistance.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"[The Defiant has n]o exposed bridge module."

Except that one one top of the ship w/ the circle around it, making it look more like a bullseye than ever...

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always liked the Miranda class; obviously a Federation ship, but just as obviously designed for a different type of mission than the Constitution. Unfortunately, the next movie gave us both the butt-ugly Exclesior and the what-were-they-smoking-when-they-designed-this Oberth classes.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Refit Constitution.

Because it looks like a REAL ship. It looks like you could actually walk it's corridors and stand on it's bridge, or look out a window. Fantastic design, fantastic model, fantastic ship.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with AndrewR.
The connstitution refit rocks!

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give me Nova. Sure, the sec hull is very wide from the front and back, but she's small and powerful.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps