Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Favorite ship's design elements. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Favorite ship's design elements.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BWC/Defiant/whatever, if you want a whole lot of schematics of noncanon ships just go over to shipschematics.net. At least that's the address from my memory.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was kinda hoping his would be hiher quality. And those aren't excactly accurate.
IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Define "accurate" for ships we've never seen on screen. None of them are going to be "accurate", they're all going to have been made up by someone.
Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
woah, how'd he get to be Senior Member so fast? he's only been here for like 2 months or something??? even i didnt have that much BS to post.

neways like a few ppl here i prefer the look (overall design look, color scheme) of the Movies 1-6 era.
My favourite design is the Miranda, but the Refit-Connie and Excelsior are a close second wit the Oberth bringing up the rear. Besides the actual technical capabilities of the Oberth being crap, i actually like that design.

Of the recent era, my favourite design would have to be the Akira (and since i never subscribed to ST factfiles or equiv. or read any info from the ships designed [i forget his name]) - my reasons for liking that ship werent coz it had 15 torps or the capabilities which many a fanboy jerks off over.
When i first saw the Thunderchild in ST:FC, i was like thats a very interesting design. Specially wit those catamarang hullshapes and the miranda-esque roll bar.

Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm excited...I've been here for almost two years (longer if you include lurking) and I'll finally be a senior member in two posts! [Smile]

Anyway, CaptainMike, the Cheyenne is okay, but the nacelles seem far too elevated for my tastes. If they were tucked in closer, I think she'd look much sleeker.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then Ace, you're talking about my favorite ship, the Prometheus Class USS Prometheus. I like the fact that the interior colors were somewhat similar to the TMP refit Enterprise bridge, yet have the speed of a Sovereign and the defensive/offensive capabilities of a Defiant, and have the four-nacelle thing going on. It's a midsize ship with all the bells and whistles of larger and smaller ships.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might like the Prometheus if she had a round saucer instead of that harsh triangle hull. The fact that she disabled a Nebula doesn't help her case either. [Wink]

My favorite small ship so far is the refit Nova. All the elements of the Sovereign (which isn't really my favorite) in a nice little package. I particularly like how the nacelle pylon raise the nacelles in a very "proud" way, compared to Voyager's hinge pylons.

[ June 13, 2002, 07:43: Message edited by: Ace ]

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Magna Ultrus:

AKIRAS AER TEH BEST EVAR.

I tottally agree.

Serously though, weather you are sticking with the design specs or the 'canon' specs for the Akira, i really like its design.

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
steamrunner all the way. then akira. then sovereign.

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Constitution, all modifications. Jefferies, Sternbach, Probert. These are the ships that are real to me.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"steamrunner all the way. then akira. then sovereign"

Wow. That was so terribly difficult to see coming, wasn't it?

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim Pim:
AKB1979: He just took the ships and placed them in alphabetic order!!! He loves A's and hates Z's, obviously!

Gee, ya think?
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

And as for your comment about grannies flying the ships in Redemption - I agree.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps