Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Dominion Battlecruiser Sizes (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Dominion Battlecruiser Sizes
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I haev soem proof that there are two sizes of battlecruisers, but can soemone post a side comparison chart just in case I'm wrong?

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh one of my favourite ship size topics! =)

*Creates piccy*

This won't look so great but it is accurate.

Dominion Ships

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

[This message was edited by Daryus Aden on April 05, 1999.]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK does this include the big ship from Valiant that was supposed to be as big as three Galaxy class ships?

if thats the big one, I don't think the Jemmie bug is that big...

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

No, the big one is way bigger. The left one is the standard battleship, the middle one is the seldom seen v-wing cruiser.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, thanks, and actually, looking at the 'bug' pictures on the other thread - and looking at the windows - assuming the are roughly the DS9 standard windows - i.e. about one person to two people can look through them, I would say 125m is pretty good for the bug length, that is in keeping with what I can picture as 100m - i.e. the running track at my old school - its a big help when you can picture say a dominion bug coming to land on the oval...

------------------

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the middle one actually look different than the left one? Otherwise I would have a problem an start a new scaling discussion...

------------------
I know engineers - they love to change things. (McCoy, STTMP)
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dominion ships. What fun.

The battlecruiser is sometimes ~700m, and sometimes ~300m. The V-ship is also ~300.

The battleship, of course, is supposedly ~1200m.

The bug is ~93m on the show.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Destruction Drone: "Throw down your weapons and I will spare your miserable lives!"
Rollbar: "That's the best offer we've had all day..."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

actually I like 93m better than 125m

Tanru

Andrew

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

actually I like 93m better than 125m

Tanru
Landru
Andrew

------------------

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's settle this once and for all:

The bug is:

*holds out arms*

...THIS big!

------------------
"I'm sorry I'm late....
I've been irrigating the desert...
Which isn't easy on your own."
- M&W

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is this V-ship? Is that the same as the battlecruiser? I think the battlecruiser is like 650m, the battleship (from "Valiant") about 1500m and the bug about 100m.

------------------
There's a lady who knows, all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven. -Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the biggie is bigger than a Galaxy, and the small is about the size of a Galor?

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The V-ship is here and here. This is the only close-up I know up, from "In Purgatory's Shadow." Notice the wing structure...it's very different from the regular battlecruiser.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Destruction Drone: "Throw down your weapons and I will spare your miserable lives!"
Rollbar: "That's the best offer we've had all day..."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, it was an early version of the battlecruiser that they had lying around, so they threw it in when they needed some background ships...

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*feeds fire*

Ladies and gentlemen, exhibit "A".

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/6151/vship.jpg

Painstakingly handscanned [poorly] by yours truly [to an insane enlargement level].

Note the "inverse Bolian" ridge down the middle, absent in the regular battlecruiser, as well as the [proportionally] larger upper nacelle-thingies, and of course longer, more definately-slanted wings.

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

[This message was edited by The_Tom on April 07, 1999.]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps