Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Dominion Battlecruiser Sizes (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Dominion Battlecruiser Sizes
Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rule Number One:

Galors are HUGE. They have never been portrayed at 371m to my knowledge. They started out being designed at 481m for "The Wounded", but every time I've seen them next to the Defiant they are 600m long or so, even when the ship is taken as 100m. And I don't even want to try to work out the size of that Galor chasing Chakotay's raider (assuming the thing is 70-80m long). Yes, they would have huge decks but DS9 has 20' decks as well, so this isn't a problem.

I don't care if the majority of visual evidence happens to contradict the official figures despite of this (with the exception of DS9, of course), as long as we keep it at one size for the V-ship and one size for the other one. Given the Galor-thing above I have a feeling the ship is closer to the official value, and a window examination will probably support the answer.

Boris

[This message was edited by Boris on April 14, 1999.]

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the bottom the two ships look very similar...I'm not sure that a window count would work in this case.

As for the Galor, they were smaller than a galaxy in TNG, I'd put them about the size of a Vorcha.

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, this off on some really fXXXed up tangent, but you are telling me that the beast of a 12-1600 meter Jem battleship was built in less than three years, and a Galaxy takes ten years to build?
Bear's head really hurt...the war is over....pack your bags boys.

Bear is sick of being a junior member!
lol
------------------
hello world

[This message was edited by bear on May 25, 1999.]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps