Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » WOLF 359 caps (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: WOLF 359 caps
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Quoting myself from four posts up:
OK, maybe that wasn't such a good idea. How about this? Before I get inundated with everyone's email address, perhaps it would be better to just upload the pic to a server and give out a secret link to us Flare-ites. But please keep in mind that I want to still make sure Chris hasn't had any more luck contacting Mr. Frenczli. So, please just hold your collective horses until then.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to see my e-mail address on TV. Oh, this is a computer.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Woah. That TV has words on it."
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for only $5000 and $40 a month this full capability multimedia desktop will give you the ability to download TV shows and movies and watch them in real time on a 20 inch screen! never before has man been able to do this!

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I don't mean to be rude here, but one of the posters at Flare (not me) is currently being pestered by several people emailing him to see the Buran pic. Whoever you are, you need to fucking stop this now. If you've bothered to read this thread in full, you should know that everyone here will most likely eventually see the pic when I upload it to Flare, presumably very soon. To those few people who are annoying the above poster, your impatience is exactly what I was hoping to avoid. So cease.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it's not me. I only have two e-mail addresses, both are in my profile. Perhaps these people would stop sending e-mails if you threaten not to show the photo because of them. [Wink]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweat it not, Dukhat - I don't think it was any of the chaps here that were responsible. There could well be lurkers about...

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And they should remain lurkers, even off the forum!

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Oh, OK. In that case, I apologize if I inadvertently offended any Flare-ites. However, don't put down the lurkers too fast. Everyone here was a lurker at some point. There's nothing wrong with lurking. But no matter who you are, just realize that bugging people will get you nowhere.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused. What's the point in showing it to people and saying "well, I'm not supposed to show this, but, as long as you promise not to show anyone else..."? Couldn't those people proceed to find a bunch of others and say "well, I'm not supposed to show this, but, as long as you promise not to show anyone else..."? And then those people do the same, and those people do the same, and so on? If you want it to stay secret, don't show it to anyone. And, if you're going to show it off, just go all the way and don't be nonsensical about it.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sort of agree. It *is* pretty pointless to pass it around "secretly" or to a select group of individuals. I don't like this approach much at all. But, if it's the only way people can get to see the pic...I'm all over it. [Razz]

But the way I see it is that there's no real reason why you shouldn't post the pic on Ex-Astris, where it belongs, and leave it there until (and if, which is a pretty big if) someone complains. I agree that if this individual never specifically said not to "distribute" the image (man, that sounds like such a serious word, "distribute," when all you're doing is putting it up on a page with dozens of other similar pics for interested parties to glance at) then you should not feel under obligation to keep it under wraps. Especially if this was all years ago, as it seems to be.

Just my two cents' worth. I'll shut up now.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

TSN: I didn't think I was being "nonsensical," as you say. In lieu of Paul giving us permission to distribute his pic freely, I was going to upload it to Flare for us to view it because I trust the people here enough to think that they wouldn't do what you described. Or am I wrong? I just want to do the right thing. What do you think? Should I just not show the pic at all?

--------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do realize any joe schmoe can come to this board who isn't even registered, read the thread where you post the picture, and take it, right? Do you trust those nameless persons?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are we taking things in this direction? I don't see the need to concern ourselves with things like that. I can't imagine any reasonable person getting ANGRY over the fact that some PEOPLE on the INTERNET saw his PICTURE OF THE BURAN. It's such a non-issue it's almost silly. I am all for etiquette, but I really don't think that "permission" to post the pic should be looked at as something so sacred as to be required in cases such as these. There's no law (aside from the copyright stuff that no one including Paramount really cares about anyway) preventing you from doing whatever you like with that pic that's in your possession. Don't make it an issue of "right" and "wrong." Save such moral deliberations for larger, more deserving things.

Damn, and I was going to shut up too...I'm sorry Dukkie.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

I had planned on PM'ing people with the link.

But you know what? I'm already sick of this bullshit. I'm just going to ask Bernd post the pic on his site, as someone suggested.

This is what I get for trying to be fair.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps