Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Nemesis Tech (You'd better believe there are $poilers in here) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Nemesis Tech (You'd better believe there are $poilers in here)
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
1.) Captain to 1 Pip Admiral
2.) 1 Pip Admiral to 2 Pip Admiral
3.) 2 Pip Admiral to 3 Pip Admiral

Uh, "One Pip Admiral?" What's that?
[Razz]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 pip adm., isn't that a commodore? Don't they normally skip that rank, they only give that to old school's and make them desk jockeys.

Nemisis Tech.

Argo dune buggy, it's too high, thing will tip over, i'll never drive that shit.

Wesley, how did that punk come back?

Deck 29? probably uninhabital deck, about 5m high. Reman's moved up quick, its most likely they were on another deck when they engaged combat.

Ship names, i have a problem with the use of Nova and Valiant.

most of the other tech, i don't have a problem with.

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In response to the classification of the Soverign Class.

I think it is a Heavy Cruiser. Not stationary like a Galaxy, and not maneuverable as a Defiant.

Most likely designed for battle instead of exploring.

But compared to the Scimitar the Sovereign is no match. Fuck I would have booked it too.

--------------------
Blaze da finest weed in da shire... I shake my trekbbs at flare.solareclipse.net

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's wrong with Nova and Valiant? [Confused]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing is wrong with those two vessels.

The new Valiant doesn't have the same registry as her predecessor.

The new Nova can't be the prototype of the Nova-class because the Equinox and the Rhode Island both have lower registries.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
The new Nova can't be the prototype of the Nova-class because the Equinox and the Rhode Island both have lower registries.

We've seen it happen before, so it's still possible. It's at least in the right range for the prototype. Construction could've been delayed causing its sister ships to be launched ahead of Nova.

USS Constellation is a lower number than USS Constitution.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
USS Constellation is a lower number than USS Constitution.
Because she got her registry from people who knew nothing about registries.

Just another mistake of the Starfleet Bureau for Ship Painting. Like Brittain, Jenolin, and NX-59650.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All you have to do is say that the Nova was the defiant testbed and underwnet refit to nova specs thus getting a higher reg that its sister ships.

like 2368 defiant testbed is started
2269 2 aditional frames are started as defiant class
the defiant receave an change in design before complesion of the 2 space frames
2270 the nova testbed is started under the old defiant testbed
2271 the Rhode Island and ??? is comm. under nova class before the nova is Comm.
2272 Nova is finnaly comm. under nova specs. after its defiant testbed refit and given a reg.

Just an idea

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The prem. NX-59650 also could fall under this idea like the stargazer. She was given a Reg for Comm but found defective and refitted but with old hall number when she was stollen

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please, PLEASE use full words when you type! I have a hard time reading your posts!

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Akira
Member # 850

Sorry just tired and stupid today ill fix it shortly.

Again sorry

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe the reg numbers don't really indicate ship chronology? *gets shot*

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a "battle" group. You have a Galaxy, an Excelsior and other stuff that could fight the Romulans. So, a small Nova-class planetary explorer (you know, max. warp 8, small crew, not enough firepower to destroy a Pakled freighter), what would you do with such a ship? If I was in charge of the battle group, I'd send them home. No real use in a battle, but others would have to protect it because it's so vulnerable. Same reason why you wouldn't use an Oberth in such a fleet. Nova has to be a new ship.

EDIT: Here's the old image.
 -

>Intrepid, Valiant, Galaxy, Aries, Nova, Hood, Archer, right?
Did they really write Aires instead of Aries?

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good points, but you forget that starfleet is run by the very same folks that sent the Bonestall- an Oberth class- out to die...er...fight the Borg at Wolf 359!
The Nova could have really good sensors and mabye (likely) they were building a tachyon web to detect the Scimitar.
1.) Locate bad guy (s)
2.) Let capital ships engage enemy.
3.) Get the fuck out of town when the Scimitar destroys the entire "battle group". [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As Picard pointed out several times, he's an explorer, as such is his ship. We just see phasers and torpeedos more then scanners because... scanners are boring.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps