Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » DS9 "Whispers" Ship List (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: DS9 "Whispers" Ship List
Scott Nixon
Member # 540

- posted      Profile for Scott Nixon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received DS9 Season 2 today, and I've made 10 screencaps of the ship readout from "Whispers." I have no idea how to upload pics to this forum, and I have no time to learn ... so if someone out there would like to post these, I'll e-mail them to you. Just send me a private message. Thanks!
The original captured pics were .bmp files; I modified the brightness and contrast, then saved them as .jpg files--so an e-mail with all pics shouldn't blow up anyone's computer.

--------------------
"One person's modus ponens is someone else's modus tollens."

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please send them to [email protected] and I'll upload them.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Scott Nixon
Member # 540

- posted      Profile for Scott Nixon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done.
Thanks!

--------------------
"One person's modus ponens is someone else's modus tollens."

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much for the screenshots.

http://home.arcor.de/spike730/screenshots/

Well, the guy who did this list must be a fan of Gulliver's Travels (Captains Swift and Gulliver, Liliput IX).

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, here goes for my analyisis.
(although I'm sure someone will beat me too it before I finish typing.) [EDIT: Well I'll be, knowone did]
* = Uncertain or questionable.

U.S.S. YORKTOWN--------Theta Omicron IV--------Capt. H.Zimmerman
U.S.G.S. POWELL--------Hispanola Minor--------Capt. S.Soneheim*
C.G.M. GH'ASTER--------Jura'Assic IV--------Capt. H.Princee
F.M.S. GELLENERO*--------Centre Minor--------Capt. F.Felio*
G.C.S. RECIO*--------ANNANTALE--------Capt. E.Robertson
U.S.S. YOSEMITE--------NEW BROOKLYN IX--------Capt. J.Fwft*
L.T.A. ELMIRA--------Canmore Delta V--------Capt. G.Gulliver
U.S.S. HISPANOLA--------Sol System--------Capt. J.Gump
U.S.S. GALILEO--------Starbase 58--------Capt. J.Prestly
F.G.M.S. GYI ANLAT--------Neutral Zone--------Capt. B.Crane
G.R. 12--------Organia--------Capt. H.Ellison
U.S.S. G'MAT--------System C-111--------Capt. M.Eligh
W.E.D. DUROKK--------Starbase 102--------Capt. N.Land
C-57-D--------Lunar Recycling*--------Capt. J.J.Adams
C.A.R. 54-Q--------Arlington IV*--------Capt. R.Sayatz
U.S.S. D'HJTY----Cameron Station----Capt. F.Dreeson*
U.S.S. MIN'DW--------Zero--------Capt. K.L.Estoro
G.H.T. PER'UT--------Deneb XX (!!)--------Capt. R.Philson
S.S. OREGON--------Dytallix--------Capt. W.Clinton
U.S.S. ASTR*--------Illiput IX*--------Capt. M.Grenge*

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Unfortunately a lot of them are still indecipherable. [Frown]

The one that everybody thought was "U.S.S. Galice" isn't. I don't know what it *is*, but that doesn't look like and 'E' that it ends in.

Can anyone get some of the others? I'm afraid I'm pretty terrible with this sort of thing...

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

quote:
Capt. J.Fwft*
Capt. J. Swift

quote:
U.S.S. ASTR*--------Illiput IX*
U.S.S. Aries Liliput IX

quote:
The one that everybody thought was "U.S.S. Galice" isn't. I don't know what it *is*, but that doesn't look like and 'E' that it ends in.
Maybe U.S.S. Gallahad?
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought maybe Gallahad, (that certainly looks a lot like a 'D' at the end) but I don't think that all fits. It seems shorter. It also doesn't seem to be Galileo, though.

quote:
ANNANTALE--------Capt. E.Robertson
ANNANDALE-------Capt. E. Robinson

This would appear to be a reference to Edwin Arlington Robinson's poem "How Annandale Went Out".

quote:
W.E.D. DUROKK
W.E.B. DUBOIS

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe U.S.S. Gallahad?

I'm 99% sure that it's Galileo.

quote:
ANNANDALE-------Capt. E. Robinson

This would appear to be a reference to Edwin Arlington Robinson's poem "How Annandale Went Out".

That would make sence, since there also appears to be an "Arlington IV" in there too.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

quote:
Capt. J.Prestly
CAPT. J. PRIESTLY named after actor Jason Priestly?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the Galaxy really need a "New Brooklyn"?
Jesus, No wonder the Dominion wiped out any Alpha quadrant colonies....they had to contain the infection somehow!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The captains of the first two ships are named after Hal Prince and Stephen Sondheim, famous names on Broadway.

ANNANTALE might be ANNANDALE

W.E.D. DUROKK might be WEB DUBOIS, which has appeared on ship lists before.

U.S.S. MIN'DW might be USS MIN'OW from Gilligan's Island, with Capt. KL GIFFORD (*cringe*)

Lunar Recycling I think is LUNAR RECEIVING

Capt. J.Prestly might be Priestly [sic] after the discoverer of oxygen (Joseph Priestley), or maybe a fan of Beverly Hills 90210?

Capt. M.Eligh might be W. BLIGH (of HMS Bounty fame)

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
Capt. KL GIFFORD (*cringe*)

And the next one down is Capt. R. Philbin! [Eek!]
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

Min'ow, Philbin, Gifford? Ok, please explain this to people, who have never seen a single episode of Gilligan's Island. [Big Grin]

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

The boat in which the characters from Gilligan's Island were shipwrecked was the S.S. Minow.

The names don't have anything to do with that program, though. Kathy Lee Gifford and Regis Philbin are American TV personalities who (at least up until a while ago) hosted a popular (well, within a certain section of the populace, anyway [Roll Eyes] ) daytime talk show. (I personally always found them rather...icky.)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps