Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » DS9 Season 2 (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: DS9 Season 2
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does this matter?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does this matter?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
But that's not in a row with the other ships.

Besides, who says that all the things on the chart have to be connected? Maybe it covers 3 different topics:
milky way
early human warp vessel
ships named Enterprise

Major advances in Starship Design
Major Advances in Warp Drive
Starships to use in your period specfic writing assignments
Things to make Flarites nuts with specualtion
Background scenes not intended for close scrutiny

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
Why does this matter?

Why does anything on this board "matter"? If you aren't interested in this conversation, then ignore it.

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Background scenes not intended for close scrutiny

That's never stopped us before. [Smile]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say it's ships that were Enterprise - remember no Generations at that time. Or if you want to put it into 'real' terms - maybe the E-B was refitted (or all Excelsiors could be refitted back and forth) between the two types. (Depending on mission etc.)

What is that behind the little girl!?! A Gallamite!?! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOOOhhh Jazia screen/makeup tests!!

Yeah - I don't think the original Trill make up would have worked... just sorta looks a bit 'dirty'.

And NOOOOOO BUN HAIR!! Thank-God she went back to the pony tail!!

Bun hair = no no.

Troi
Janeway
Ensign Wildman

Very old-looking.

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could just be "Important Ships". An early warp craft, Kirk's famous Enterprise, Kirk's... other famous Enterprise, Excelsior - The Great Experiment, Enterprise -C - destroyed while saving a Klingon colony and paving the way for long lasting peace, and the current flagship belonging to Starfleet's most advanced ship class, the Enterprise-D.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Again, I dont think it necessarily needs to mean anything groundbreaking. Those ships simply represented the various classes of the Enterprises' at that time (in Star Trek production history). They represent those ships in the same capacity as the "models" in the conference room of the Ent-D.

Obviously they represent a historic lineage, judging by the sequencial registry, and thus serve a 'certain' importance in the Earth/Star Fleet/Federation history, much as the 'warp ship' and so forth does.

Based on known facts, ca. 1993, this is really the most plausable and obvious explaination to this 'display'. This coincides well with the 'current' (as in 1993=current) 'facts' posed in the first generation of ST:Encyclopedia and ST:Chronology, which these models were all originally represented in.

This makes the most sense both in retrospect and probably in ca. 1993; it's just unfortunate that all of the later representations of these ships in "Generations", "First Contact" and "Enterprise" contradict the display in question.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Maybe it's a school project. Someone has to do an essay on Quadrants in the Milky-way. Someone does something on the differences between the Refit 1701 and the 1701-A

Someone on "Transwarp, the great experiment or just a new class of starship"

Someone on "Ambassador Class, where are you?

And one on: "Donald Varley: Competent Captain or reckless moron?"

[Smile]

Andrew

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm wondering...why is Mike Okuda keeping a bottle of Holy Water on his desk? And what are those two starships are on his desk?
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, Spikey...I still haven't seen a lot of screencaps from Season One that I want to see. Particularly the Wolf 359 shots in "Emissary." Have you already done these and I just missed them, or what? [Razz]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Actually I had planned on doing them, but the damn thing literally got lost in the mail...so thats my story on Season 1...

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch... I guess someone ended up with DS9 Season One while expecting something else in the mail. Lucky them.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

...and the STIV: Special Ed. DVD as well [Frown]

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought DS9 1 and 2 for 'only' �140.

I don't understand those annoying Hidden Files. Why can't they just name the damn things in the menu?

So uhm... if anyone urgently needs more screenshots, I can help out too.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps