Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Crew complement of the Norway class (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Crew complement of the Norway class
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/444/norway_cutaway.gif

Will this suffice? I made this about three years ago (more than that, actually) by cutting and pasting from the Voyager and Enterprise-E schematics that were available in the "Captain's Chair" CD. Not the greatest resolution, but it's interesting... [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not bad!
You've got your deflector where your bridge shoud be though. [Wink]

...now if someone would make me a nice MSD of my USS Merrimac I could be truly happy in life....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot about the Norway nacelles when Amasov was doing his nice art-work/schematics... but I take back what I said about it being part of the 'Borg-threat weapons program' - I believe it was a precursor or design-mate of the Intrepid Class series. It has 'tracks' across the top of it's nacelles with two 'divot' points - where it looks as if the ship can have two nacelle configurations a la Voyager.

Also it has the 'new' wedge/x-axis ovoid "spoon"/"shovel" design that Voyager has.

The Intrepid class was supposed to have the variable geometry warp-nacelles added as a feature late into it's design. I'm guessing the Norway had it applied at the same time.

Considering "Force of Nature" was in 2370 and Voyager premiered in 2371 - it gave it a little over a year to have the moving Nacelles to be incorporated into it's design.

Did the Intrepid have moving nacelles when it was launched - or was it the Voyager that had them first?

Then the Sovereign Class was launched in 2373 (I think) by that time they seemed to have solved the warp-pollution problem.

If new Intrepids were built - would they have the moving nacelles? Would they have them fixed in one position? Would that be up or down?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there's a "failed design" in Starfleet, it's the Intrepid.
They were no use in the War and we've only seen them assigned to diplomatic duties or chasing petty Maquis. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er...admittedly, being a hero ship skews the statistics a bit, but there's nothing to suggest that the Intrepid class isn't a rousing success.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I'm only pointing out people's odd notion that the Norway is a failure because we've not seen more of it....just like the Intrepid.
...and that movable nacelles on anything is a baad idea and I disgard it for the Norway.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm only pointing out people's odd notion that the Norway is a failure because we've not seen more of it....just like the Intrepid.
You could say the same thing about the mighty Sovereign....

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

That would explain the refit, would'nt it? [Razz]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

"the mighty Sovereign.... "

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That refit was overkill though... would you want a torp launcher behind you on the bridge... or even on Deck 1?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They put a torp launcer on deck 1!?! Stoopid. Data could have jumped out of the bridge and ridden a torp to the Scimitar a la "Dr. Strangelove" (I hope that was the movie).
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
They put a torp launcer on deck 1!?!

Nope. Both sets of new saucer torp launchers look like they're on or adjacent to deck 3.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
That refit was overkill though... would you want a torp launcher behind you on the bridge... or even on Deck 1?

Could be worse: look how close the Southerand's torpedo spread is to the bridge in Redemotion Pt.II .
One good jolt to the ship's ventral side and the ship would torp itself! [Eek!]

The AGT Enterprise has two giant torp launchers right behind the bridge....another baaaad design idea.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
The AGT Enterprise has two giant torp launchers right behind the bridge....another baaaad design idea.

Ah, but then again that ship never really existed now did it, or so the government would lead you to believe?! [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps