Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Starship Class U.S.S. Enterprise (Page 3)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Starship Class U.S.S. Enterprise
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This falls right in with the "USS Discovery" thread o' nonsense.
face it: there's no new classes of TOS ,TMP, TNG or VOY era ships to be unearthed and grasping at straws or incorrect grammar will not change that. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So certain are we? Have you seen all the computer displays ever made? I don't think so. Until we do, this statement is premature.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shut Down.

BURN.

SHOVE IT UP YOU A-R-S-E !!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by newark:
So certain are we? Have you seen all the computer displays ever made? I don't think so. Until we do, this statement is premature.

Premature prahaps: there could concievably be a display clearly stating a new class.
Mabye.
This however, is just making classes from thin air.
Example: Picard says "Hail them, Mr Worf." so someone here decides to start a thread about the USS Them. [Roll Eyes]
The USS Them is undoubtly of the Us class. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
I wonder if the Shuttlecraft Shuttlecraft is stowed in the U.S.S. Starships's shuttlebay.

Crewed by Captain Kap Tin, Ensign Ens In and Science Officer Cy'ints Awf'isser.

Of course there is no U.S.S. Starship.

They hadn't even thought of the 'lead ship becomes class name' stuff yet. It's why I call my pencil a pencil and not an 'Eagle HB **** LX.'

My thoughts exactly.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
I wonder if the Shuttlecraft Shuttlecraft is stowed in the U.S.S. Starships's shuttlebay.

Crewed by Captain Kap Tin, Ensign Ens In and Science Officer Cy'ints Awf'isser.

Of course there is no U.S.S. Starship.

They hadn't even thought of the 'lead ship becomes class name' stuff yet. It's why I call my pencil a pencil and not an 'Eagle HB **** LX.'

Why wouldn't they have thought of the "Lead ship becomes class name stuff yet"?!? THAT makes no sense, given that GR had based the bulk of his StarFleet thinking off of modern day US Navy terminology and basic doctrine. In fact, most navies of the world name a class of ship after the lead ship from the 'yards.
Sargon
Member # 1090

- posted      Profile for Sargon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So am I safe in assuming there is no Good class starship U.S.S. Lollipop?

--------------------
Never fear... Sargon is here.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The U.S.S. Enterprise was a Constitution Class Mk IX Starship, fullfilling the role of a Class I Heavy Cruiser. And the U.S.S. Federation would for example be a Class I Dreadnought of the Mk X Federation Class Starship.

It's just that this system only allows for about 10 major Starship types in the first decades of the 23rd century (when the Constitution and it's cousins were developed). You could say that it took a few decades for the Federation Starfleet to fully integrate into one agency with one classification system and that this particular system was already abandoned by mid to late 23rd century.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sargon:
So am I safe in assuming there is no Good class starship U.S.S. Lollipop?

You would be safer with a mental patient holding a screwdriver then with this group if that is what you believe....

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's what he believes. And Simon is, in reality, a collection of planets orbiting a sun.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He does have a celestial body.

Woo!

I HAVE SEEN IT IN A PHOTOGRAPH!

Well, shoulders up. Neck and round, round head.

Teasers.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

T.M.I. Mr. Mayor.....T.M.I. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was hardly any information at all. Good thing you didn't actually see the photograph, or you might actually explode.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

No man makes any part of my anatomy "explode". [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Simon would.

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps