Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Grade AAA Prime Beef-Tech! ("Azati Prime" Spoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: $$ Grade AAA Prime Beef-Tech! ("Azati Prime" Spoilers)
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It just got over...and I must that was one of the best episodes I have ever seen, and they say Enterprise sucks because what again...??! Certainly not this!

So let me get this straight...the Xindi have their own "Future Gal" and evidently its both her (RE: the above "She") and "Future Guy" are trans-dimensional species capable of percieving the effects of events in different timelines and are manipulating species (Xindi, Suliban, Tholians) in order to create 'the expanse' that they can live it.

If this is indeed the case, then what they have established here tonight is the 'clause' that establishes the 'reset button' this series may have to hit regarding the timeline. Interesting concept.

Regarding members of the Federation in the 26th Century...all that were mentioned were: the Vulcans, the Andorians, the Ithanites, & the Klingons.

Anyway, I take back everything bad I have ever said about Enterprise! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But Xindi serve on Enterprise J.
Probably much in the way Worf served on the D.

It'd be great if this Feddie Xindi was an Aquatic or Insectoid.

I'm probably the obnly one that likes Enterprise J so far.
It could be huge! Kilometers long even.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like either Daniels is going to have to step in and save Enterprise, or they're going to spend the rest of the season fixing it up again...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye the Xindi help fix Enterprise once they get with the program.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
FTR, no, it isn't OK. That includes private messages. The use of Flare to discuss trading of, or conduct in trading of ripped episodes will result in swift permabannage.

Thanks for the clarification. Now I know. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
But Xindi serve on Enterprise J.
Probably much in the way Worf served on the D.

It'd be great if this Feddie Xindi was an Aquatic or Insectoid.

I'm probably the obnly one that likes Enterprise J so far.
It could be huge! Kilometers long even.

I dont think so. From where Archer and Daniels were looking out, the bottom of the saucer was clearly visible and it appeared the edge of the saucer wasnt too far forward. I would estimate only slightly larger then the 1701D.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Soes that mean we cant talk about robbing liquor stores and Ultraviolence? [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, chatting about the old UltraViolence, over a mug-o-milk plus, down at the Melochka bar!

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
It looks like either Daniels is going to have to step in and save Enterprise, or they're going to spend the rest of the season fixing it up again...

Considering the next episode is called "Damage," my guess is they will be dealing with this for a while. [Wink]

Did anyone get a "you're required to maneuver straight down this trench" vibe when they were going over the superweapon's schematics in the command center?

I'd also agree that the "she" they referred do is some sort of "Future Gal" who's been in contact with the Xindi. Sounds cool.

I'm guessing that wherever they were on the Enterprise-J, Daniels arranged for a secluded spot, especially considering that it's not his time either.

The Battle of Procyon IV, eh? If they're referring to the system as Procyon, that kinda proves that it's not the Andor system, doesn't it?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still in the ball park that says Dauntless is still a Federation possible design. It was a little too Federation looking when we saw it. There's every reason to believe it was actually a real part of the Starfleet Transmissions to Voyager that it was a prototype on the drawing boards or something. It needn't even be something they were going to send to Voyager, just info from home. It certainly follows the designs considering the more non-traditional looks of the Saber, Norway, Prometheus, and Defiant Classes compared to regular Starfleet ships. I don't agree with the NX-01-A registry used though. That was definitely the result of alien influence (or alien under the influence...)

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wes1701J:
I dont think so. From where Archer and Daniels were looking out, the bottom of the saucer was clearly visible and it appeared the edge of the saucer wasnt too far forward. I would estimate only slightly larger then the 1701D.

Um, no. We get the hull shape from the big top view image, and we get the partial bottom view from the window.

1. Archer's arrival: Note the rows of windows on the primary hull outside of the observation window. We aren't even close to seeing the edge of the ship despite the extreme angle, and even that small area of hull shows about four decks (O, for HDTV).

2. As Archer and Daniels have their preliminary conversation, we see a small ship fire a blue beam at the center part of the Enterprise-J saucer, ventral side. Either that beam is pinpoint-tightbeam at the site of impact, or else the central saucer ventral is helluva-far. If that class of enemy ship has been seen before as part of the same race, we can also possibly scale it.

3. The explosion lights the Prometheus in a manner inconsistent with the idea that the enemy ship was tiny. Note as she flies "below" the explosion (i.e. in a 2-d sense regarding the tv screen) that her saucer and nacelles are lit from the side, not the top as would be the case if the enemy ship were small and close.

4. The Prometheus Class Starship fires on a visibly-similar enemy ship, one which incidentally is also lit as if the other enemy ship were off to the side. Though the phaser fire comes from the very bow of the Prometheus and is thus not easily understood from a spatial orientation viewpoint, the fire is consistent with a large enemy ship and hence a large Enterprise-J.

5. Though my copy of the episode is of iffy quality, the number and arrangement of light rows on the Enterprise-J screen view do not appear to be consistent with a small ship.

6. The Nova Class Starship scene features a very good view of the ventral saucer. Note that the row of windows on the port side continues for some distance along a central spine, and that the relative height of the closest and furthest is different by a factor of at least two. If the windows are the height of a person, and if the closest window is sufficiently far away to be about the size of Archer's head at a distance of a handful of meters, then the last visible portside spine window must be helluva-far. For real-world reference, imagine you're in a parking lot with a friend standing a handful of meters away. Imagine how distant a car must be for it to appear to be the (2-d) height of your friend's head. Now, imagine how far the next car would have to be to be half that height. That's almost certainly going to be much more than 300 meters, and that's just going to be the radius of the saucer, not the diameter.

In short (too late!), I don't know how big the Enterprise 1701-J is, but she sure ain't small.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I have to say that this is the very best Enterprise episode to date and equal to the very best of DS9.

Don't get me wrong, it was REALLY good. But not quite as good as "Future Tense," "Cease Fire," "Regeneration," et al.

quote:
As to the battle, it could have been sone huge cross-temporal battle with ships from various regions/ eras/ alternate realities fighting side-by-side.

The man makes a Very Good PointTM.

quote:
All in all, a great episode.

Agreed. I can't believe some people don't like this show!

quote:
Um...is this the season finale?

No, but it does mark the beginning of the Spring Hiatus. The follow-up to this cliffhanger will air in early April.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy !@#%$#^!

The Enterprise was just hemmoraging crewmen at the end! She was getting sliced up pretty good, with some shots going right through the saucer. And no "To Be Continued..." either. You mean I have to wait until April 21st to see how this ends? That's a relatively short wait, mind you, but it's nearly as frustrating as "Mr. Worf, fire!"

B.J.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, anyone notice what variant of Nova we're looking at?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may be too distant to tell, but if someone's got HDTV caps (Lee?) we might be able to discern...

If I were to play a hunch, I'd say it would be the Rhode Island. The CGI model was modified into that variant for VGR "Endgame," and I see no reason why they would have altered it. (Considering that if they were going to go to that trouble they might as well have used a new design.)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, when you modify a CGI model, you don't destroy the original model. By the end of "Endgame", Mojo and co. probably had a little folder on their server called "Equinox" sitting above one called "Rhode Island", each containing the files to build the respective ships. They could have used either, though it's probably the RI variant for the simple fact that it was built pristine while Equinox was roughed up - and even then, they likely had a pristine version of the model somewhere (see the ST:M article on designing the Equinox for more details).

Of course, if anyone at Eden FX was thinking about it, they'd have used the more futuristic RI variant as it'd be "only" 150 years old or so... Then again, the script probably said "futuristic Starfleet vessels of various kinds dart around in combat with the Sphere Builder ships", and the VFX guys filled in the rest.

I'm actually liking the notion that the 26th century battle was a result of the Temporal Cold War, and that as such ships from more than one time period were involved in the fight. Since that possible future will likely not exist by the end of this season, I doubt we'll have to worry about it for too long.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps