Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Grade AAA Prime Beef-Tech! ("Azati Prime" Spoilers) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: $$ Grade AAA Prime Beef-Tech! ("Azati Prime" Spoilers)
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:
Nobody seemed to have noticed the unusually tall deck-height on the Ent-J!!

At least in comparison to all the other Fed-Ships we are used to, the deck height is enormous.

Maybe they finally decided to build ships large enough to accomadate members of the Future-Federation that don't fit the typical human dimensions...

Gah, now a Vor'cha? In the 26th Century? Bartender, your strongest drink please. I need to kill some brain cells.

The Vor'cha seem to be going the way of the D7/K't'inga... [Roll Eyes]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That deck leads to the inter-species-zero-G basketball court.
I hear them Horta players are tough to defend against though...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Vorlon:
Complete HDTV Screencaps available @ http://enterprisehdtv.fotopic.net/c129570.html

What happened? I was looking over the pictures one minute, and the next they were all gone! Even the index is missing, with Fotopic's standard greeting saying "this user has not moved in yet".

B.J.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/393/07_Wells.jpg
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/393/08_Wells.jpg
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/393/09_Wells.jpg

Regarding this ship, is it actually firing on the Dauntless? If so, then it's a Sphere builder ship. If not, then it's another Federation ship. But which design was used?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's the Dauntless-esque ship seen on occasion in the latter Voyager episodes and maybe on Enterprise too - the Devore warship. If that's the case, it looks like the Sphere-Builders had allies of their own, Devore or otherwise.

Picture Here

Failing that, check out Gilso's collection of ship pictures for other candidates. Except for the E-J and the sphere-builder ship, I doubt there were any additional new CG models made. It was quite a busy episode VFX-wise as it was!

[minor spoilers]

In the upcoming "E^2" (sic), we're supposed to meet a future Enterprise. While TPTB have denied it, I've got a sneaky suspicion that the E-J is the ship that we're going to see in that episode. It's from the critical point in history, it's there presumably to help, and of course they've already built a corridor and CG model to go with it - which for one short scene seems a little odd. 200 quatloos that we haven't seen the last of the E-J. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be very pleased if Star Trek, under new management, was about the Enterprise-J. The Next, Next Gen.

Edit: And have it been about exploring and the unknown ala TNG seasons 2-4

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David Templar:
Gah, now a Vor'cha? In the 26th Century? Bartender, your strongest drink please. I need to kill some brain cells.

The Vor'cha seem to be going the way of the D7/K't'inga... [Roll Eyes]

Yes, but as Jason already pointed out, this could easily be a battle involving ships from multiple timeframes.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, Dainels showing all those ships to Archer and telling him all about the Federation means that either
A)Archer dies sometime during Enterprise's run,
B) is a key player in the Federation's founding, or
C)Daniels thinks he's as dumb as a box of rocks and causality is lost on him.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by japol:
Does anyone else think that the Enterprise-J's corridor has a lot of Cardassian elements to it?

Yeah, I sorta like mentioned that about 3 posts earlier. [Smile]

The 'label' next to the window looks like Reverend's Miradorn logo [Smile]

Looks like they haven't cured baldness in the 31st century.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

You know...I think the Enterprise J has some Cardassian elements.
It kind of looks like a DS9 hallway.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they brought out sets from storage... we already know that they reused some doors for the Tsunkatse arena. And the Defiant bridge - while not Cardassian has been reused.

Another question... were they SPECIFICALLY on the E-J? Where they are - and the large window looks like they are in a drydock for the E-J.

That or maybe species 8472 are Fed members - they are quite large.

Speaking of Hortas... I wonder what would happen if a human and a mother horta got it on?? [Smile] An Excalbian? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spoilers for E^2

$

$

$

$

$

quote:
While TPTB have denied it, I've got a sneaky suspicion that the E-J is the ship that we're going to see in that episode.
I doubt that. How can T'Pol's son be in command of a vessel from the 26th century?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be that the reason that it looks Cardassian is that the only time we've ever seen a window quite that shape was on DS9?

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding "E-Squared":

It's NOT the Ent-J. It's not. Take my word for it. I know what I'm talking about.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh god, I hope it isn't like Time Squared from TNG then...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps