Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection (Page 9)

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmm. . . Multiple Tashas. . .

OK, what I have done is the E-E bridge as it appears in the deleted scene with Commander Madden. Problem is the quality of the clip sucks, it's obviously not done to DVD quality being a deleted scene. Bit of a shame really given it even had VFX completed, with all screens on the go and the external view as well.

As you say, it's well documented already, but will there be mention of the different viewscreens? The "holographic" one from FC replaced by a standard one by the time of Insurrection?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's TMP, with Enterprise (including panoramic view) and, just in case, the Epsilon IX station and the Klingon ship.

http://www.st-v-sw.net/images/Trek/Special/bridges/

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Russell Christiansen
Member # 1333

- posted      Profile for Russell Christiansen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch "Yesterday's Enterprise" again and take a close look at that odd forward console. It's a redress of the Ent-A's helm/nav console from ST5/6!!
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm...how convenient.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark, since you fond my Hathaway bridge blueprint useful, perhaps I could post another version with corrected errors?

Also, I have new Frontier Excalibur bridge blueprint, if you're interested.

I think I can also make Brittain bridge, provided that I have some screencaps - I think it was based on transporter room.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Jan, I wasn't aware that was your work - yes, please send it over, along with anything you feel would be useful. I don't think the Br!ttain was based on the transporter room - it was a newbuild set, to be sure. E-mail me, and I can send the screenshots that Alan made.

I've decided that the overhead views would be best suited to the web layout. I spent some time assembling a few more overhead shots (using Jan's Hathaway, among things), which can be found here. Thoughts? Any additional overhead views would be great - and for as many of the ones we don't have, we'll probably end up asking for people to contribute sketches in the art forum here and elsewhere, as necesary.

I'm not as good with HTML as Harry (or anyone else here, really), so let's continue amassing the raw data for the time being. If anyone wants to help make 125 pixel high overhead views of bridges per the samples I've made, it'd be appreciated too!

Mark

Edit: This morning, confirmed receipt of the following:

Norkova
Sau Paulo
E-E ("Nemesis")

More Edit: Mike, if you have good scans of comic, game or RPG bridges, we could put them all in a separate section from all eras (as it stands, I think we're going with the alphabetical-by-series way of things). I've got a few comics, but many of them (especially from the 1980s DC series) were notoriously inconsistent (read: the artist really didn't care what the bridge looked like and simply drew in random walls, panels and levers) and most of those aren't worth scanning in. Non-hero bridges from games would be great - can anyone get screencaps of that Excelsior-class bridge from Elite Force II, for example?

[ July 03, 2004, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minor nitpick: In "Peak Performance", the XO seat is actually about 2 feet further back than the captain's chair. In the overhead plan, they're side-by-side.

http://www.st-v-sw.net/images/Trek/Special/bridges/TNG-peakperf-seats.jpg

Also, the directory now has some Encounter at Farpoint battle bridge shots, a rare crane shot from "Skin of Evil", and what I could find in my image library from "Parallels". You'll note that the floor piece used on the Hathaway is re-used on the parallel-Enterprise, and that it is, as I suspected, not square in the front.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fixed, at least in my overhead view. Jan may be coming up with a much better one. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Confirmed receipt of E-D Generations bridge and Lakota. [Smile] Also noticed that the arrangement of the Grissom and ST4 Saratoga bridges are exactly the same, save for a paint job and darker lighting.

Doing some writeups for the site now... Anyone recall the thread where we determined what the stations were labelled on the "Generations" Enterprise-D bridge? From what I could tell, Spike's E-D caps show the aft stations now listed (starboard to port) Science (IV?), Mission Ops, Environment, Engineering I, and Engineering II. The portside stations seem to all be Communications (I, II, III), which therefore suggest that all the starboardside stations are Science (I, II, III). Can anyone confirm this odd arrangement?

Mark

--------------------

Russell Christiansen
Member # 1333

- posted      Profile for Russell Christiansen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed in the text commentary on the SCE ST4 DVD that the Saratoga bridge they said was a slight redress of the Grissom bridge (which is of course in turn a redress of the Enterprise bridge).

We don't get many shots of what the ST4 Ent-A bridge looks like, which I've wanted to see. I read this earlier in an interview with Shane Johnson when he did "Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise," he commented that only part of the set was reconfigured for the Ent-A bridge, the rest was still the STII-III bridge, with the battle damage still present.

Anyway, here's a load of images from other bridges that you might find useful:

http://www.webolutionary.com/startrek/

It has reference pics for a LOT of them!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Been a while since I've seen Sean's repository - there's a schwack of USS Righteous pics in there, as well as some good ST6 Excelsior and Enterprise-A. Might have to send some permission e-mails...

Mark

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only major differencec between the 3 and 4 bridges is the paint-job and the consoles, isn't it?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Yep. Ditto for ST2 and 3, of course.

Mark

--------------------

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very impressed with the talented individuals that are contributing to this uber-project. Between all of the scans, dvd and vhs captures, overhead diagrams, Fact Files/Magaize scans (and some others that might be made in the future at some udates), This is going to be a hella nice webpage/site. With all of the various members contribting thier amazing talents to something that should have been done a long time ago, it is not only beneficial to all of the Trek bridge geeks who like the various arrangements seeing how they differ from ship to ship, but just as a whole. Add to that, this thread is not that old, and look at all of the contributers already. Need I say more. OK, gushing done.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ Somebody needs a cold shower!

Anyway, hey Mark, as far as the "there's a schwack of USS Righteous pics in there, as well as some good ST6 Excelsior and Enterprise-A. Might have to send some permission e-mails..." thing goes, I can cover both of those (or did Spike get 6?) for the sake of permissions convenience.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  23  24  25   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps