Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » SS Raven MSD? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: SS Raven MSD?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
I don't think you could have a real hive mind without some imposed outside control like the queen's anyway. Assimilate too many individuals and their collective control would overrule the originals who want to be assimilated, and would effectively end the collective.

B.J.

I think that would just make a collective alter it's perspective: not end it.

SEveral collectives could swap members to gain a new perspective on a situation (like the Species 8472 invasion) instead of being stymied at a complex problem or needing to assimilate anew race that might already have the answer.

I figure there's several collectives and that each one operates semi-automomously as an indivdual. The Queen's may be one that took the notion of a "speaker for the Collective" to far and suffered for it.
After all, if the Borg from BOBW had assimilated the Federation, would Locutus have retained his semi-independant status among the collective or would he have been fully asimilated and used as just another drone once his purpose was fulfilled?

The underlying ideology of the Bog is all diffrent in VOY as well: it goes from "improving the quality of life for all races" to "seeking perfection through assimilation of others".
The latter is idiotic because they did not retain the adaptations learned from each race assimilated- they had to turn such adaptations "on" if they encountered them again, like re-learning a trick.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
A fairly plausable way to explain really stupid writers, Wes.

Almost.

okay, not really at all.

LOL. Yeah, I know. But its plausable.

You have to somehow write in that Seven's parents were one of the first humans to discover the Borg. How would yo go about it?

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apply the BigFoot Theory.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lonely, drunken Park Rangers and stupid campers?
A cash prize for evidence spurring hundreds of fakes?
That goofy In Search Of TV show from the '70's?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The underlying ideology of the Bog is all diffrent in VOY as well"

General Order 1: Make peat.
General Order 2: Swallow Picts.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

No, no...I meant the obscure 1980's horror movie The Bog.

Though, VOY had a murky storyline and a somwhat musty feel to it.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
General Order 3: Profit!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The shuttle looks a little like the movie shuttle.

The ship looks roughly the same size as the Defiant.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say the Raven is even smaller; Bernd's 90 m estimate is in the ballpark. We have a scale comparison with actual humanoids, plus this suggestive 4-deck layout, to support such a small size.

The shuttle could be a mere Type 15 pod or something. The big question is, how does it get out? The stern of the ship doesn't seem to have a conventional door, but perhaps the ribbed surface is some sort of an accordion-like door that collapses up or down? It's awfully low in any case.

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps