Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Did Q save the Federation? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Did Q save the Federation?
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:

3.I don't know about sexy women in Law&Order, but I do like a woman who can convict a suspect of a double homicide!

I personally don't find Bebe Neuwirth all that sexy, but i couldn't help how the camera seemed to favor her and the other ADA with a nice leggy camera shot.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Grand Admiral Thrawn:
So it wasn't Paramount policy to sex-up Star Trek?

See... a large chunk of your problem is that you don't actually read what anyone writes. What media outlet are you a journalist for? I hope you're not a fact checker. I never said anything about Paramount's policies. I said actresses appearing on sci-fi geek magazines had nothing to do with the franchise.

And no, Star Trek never eVar made use of sex before Seven of Nine's huge breasteses. The mini-skirts on TOS... the Mirror Universe's bare tummys... the Orion Slave Girls. Even TNG with its high art genius never used sex as a ploy. The Edo certainly weren't being used that way. Nor was Yar's happy Data outfit in "The Naked Now".

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"never eVar"

(Thought for a few seconds: I've never noticed Burton-directed episodes being more or less sexy than any others.)

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Member # 1490

- posted      Profile for Grand Admiral Thrawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"What a blind, narrow view you have, what an arrogant man you are" Madred-Picard

Yes Star Trek has in the past used sex, however not at the expense of stories and quality writing. At no point did the great bird say "Forget my vision of the future, we've got Janice Rand in a mini skirt"
I believe the proucers of TNG considered outfitting the hedonistic EDO in Levi jeans but were thwarted by a last minute lawsuit from the manufacturers...

--------------------
The disappearance of Donald Love

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dude... it's been a month. I don't care anymore.

Wait, let me guess... "Time has no meaning here." Guinan-Picard

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Brain and brain; what is brain?" Sam Picard.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In view of the generally increasing amount of traffic in the forum, I think some pruning can again be practiced...

Be seeing you. Elsewhere. [Cool]

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps