Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » 'lo everyone + Refit Enterprise deck plans (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 'lo everyone + Refit Enterprise deck plans
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was meant to be one of those "... and the journey continues..." type of endings.

I thought it would have been kinda kewel to see. Massive damage to the secondary hull, but Earths defenses are down and there are no other starships in range to stop the Klingon ships from laying waste to Earth. Who ya gonna call? Kirk-man and the (half a) starship Enterprise! [Big Grin]

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While deck plans are elusive.. there is always, the Cut-away poster....
The Cut-Away Enterprise-A pagehas a large,though preview-quality picture of David Kimble's poster.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I want the ST:V version where the Enterprise has 72 decks.

In 1/2500th scale? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, where is the lounge area that has the Sailing Ship Wheel (and an emergency communication's device) seen in STV.

Seriously everything seen in STV, I reckon, Is "Dream" - from when the three go to sleep at their camp site - until we see them again at the end at the camp site.

It's all some sort of Vulcan dream-link between the three of them - possibly brought on by the imbibing of Dr. McCoy's Bourbon beans. It all works - I might right a short article on this.

--------------------

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it would certainly make the movie more palatable if that were the case. [Big Grin]
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Riker suddenly popping up from behind one of the bushes and saying "Computer, end program" would have made it more palatable too.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shut the fuck up, you guys. Apart from a few brief moments of excess, STV was great and managed to re-capture the spirit of TOS better than any of the other films. Give me that over the bloated, plot-hole-ridden, politically-pretentious Undiscovered Country or the mindless space battles of Nemesis any day.

Why the hell does everyone like to bitch about this film, anyway? Surely it can't seriously be because the deck numbers in one extremely short sequence were wacky. That's crazy-talk.

And at what times, exactly, was TMP "awful"???

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if the topic of the discussion is "Refit Enterprise deck plans", then it sounds like the scene about deck numbers, however brief, is what makes or breaks the movie, right? [Wink]

...Although to be sure, this wasn't exactly a "refit" Enterprise. Or then it was. But that argument, too, belongs under a different topic header.

Timo Saloniemi

P.S. And ST5:TFF was a great movie. In theory. Now, if one just reshot all the VFX, redid all the sets, recut all the scenes, and reanimated all these undead actors wandering through the script...

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Shut the fuck up, you guys. Apart from a few brief moments of excess, STV was great and managed to re-capture the spirit of TOS better than any of the other films. Give me that over the bloated, plot-hole-ridden, politically-pretentious Undiscovered Country or the mindless space battles of Nemesis any day.

Well someone is taking a little light-hearted joking way too seriously.

AH_Solid_Snake, one of the posters here used to have a website that had a work-in-progress feature which used David Schmidt's deckplans for the refit-Constitution class Enterprise (I can't remember if it was the NCC-1701 or the -A, though). Gerard - Gilso is his name, but I don't think he's been around recently. I don't think his site is back up yet, either.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is too bad how Mim is a crazy person.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Gerard - Gilso[/URL] is his name, but I don't think he's been around recently. I don't think his site is back up yet, either.

Didn't Gilso post a couple of months ago saying his site was coming back?

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, he posted a thread about that back in February. He said it was dependent on finding a host that offered enough storage space for his site and reconstructing some lost graphics, though. Since the web address for his site turns up nothing, I'm guessing he's still looking.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Griffworks
Member # 1014

quote:
Shut the fuck up, you guys.

I will if you'll unclench a bit, Kris. It was all meant in jest, methinks. At least, my comment was. [Wink]
quote:
Apart from a few brief moments of excess, STV was great and managed to re-capture the spirit of TOS better than any of the other films. Give me that over the bloated, plot-hole-ridden, politically-pretentious Undiscovered Country or the mindless space battles of Nemesis any day.
I agree. ST:VI is alright, but there wasn't any real "feel" for the characters. At least, not like you got from Kirk, Spock and McCoy from ST:V. THAT felt like TOS more than any of the other movies, except maybe TWoK.
quote:
Why the hell does everyone like to bitch about this film, anyway? Surely it can't seriously be because the deck numbers in one extremely short sequence were wacky. That's crazy-talk.

That's one of my issues. Another is the hangar deck looking small, more like a two-car garage than the large area it should have been. The semi-goofiness of Enterprise as she's hanging in orbit, tons of panels open because this new ship has tons of problems after just being - in theory - completely ready for "sailing" after being released from post-production trials, that whole forward observation lounge on the saucer rim with ships wheel that couldn't possible exist on the ship as she appears in the movie, a "captains log" that "sproings!" like an over-wound childs toy, "We need Jim Kirk" wasn't exactly a convincing line delivered by Harve Bennett to me, *yeah, the turbolift shaft numbering thing still bugs the crap out of me(!)[8]*[/b] and corny scene w/Scotty's line "I know this ship like the back of my hand!" just before he bangs his head on the support bulkhead. [Roll Eyes]

Those all bug me, but most of them didn't the first couple of times I saw the movie. Still, certain aspects did and still do to some extent. However, I don't generally comment on ST:V being a bad movie, as I still like it after prolly two dozen viewings since it first released in the theaters.
quote:

-MMoM [Big Grin]

When the original released plodded on and on and on and on... Stil, I liked it even then, tho it took some patience for me to watch. I think the main problem a lot of folks have with it is because it wasn't exactly action oriented, moves fairly slowly and has those uni-sex uniforms for the crew. I liked it for those reasons, tho. It didn't feel rushed, even tho you were left w/the feeling that Enterprise was indeed rushed out of drydock.

Just my opinion, anyhow....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I thought I was the only one with those gripes about STVI!
Spock's entire "they've depleted their ozone layer" on ONE planet, so they're INTERSTELLAR EMPIRE is DOOMED bit was just...dumb.
No one using phasers is a personal complaint of mine as well.
As is the waaay overboard Naval comparisons: like "turn her into the wave!"- um.....the ship can travel faster than light, the (two dimensional!) "wave" can not, so why not just go to warp?
Why have the federation starships all adopted 20th century military submarine decor and policies when things are obviously more relaxed (and spacious!) in TOS...hell- in TMP!?

quote:

The campfire scenes were nice and invoked good characterization of longtime friendship, but the rest of the movie is shit.
I agree with all of Griffwork's complaints plus the moronic "jet boots"....
I winced at those as a kid watching it in the theatre.
The "made for TV" look of the poorly-named pardise city (at a time when that lame song was a hit), and the awful, rushed happy-ending all make STV even worse than Nemesis.
quote:
-MMoM [Big Grin]

In sooo many places!
Firstly, it screams "made in the 1970's!" at every turn- particularly McCoy's (painful to watch) new-age get-up with beard and open shirt with big collar and disco chains.
Mabye Travolta is a cultural icon in the future.
The car radios on their waists is goofy and the old "only ship in range although we are not ready" was lame back then- even before they re-used it a hundred times.
Ilea's character gets tougher to stomach with each passing year- as does the actress' "robot" voice. She sounds right out of a Futurama episode.

There are some nice moments to the movie (particularly in the Director's Edition) and I like how the new Enterprise is showcased and is sapcious inside (a big gripe I have with the later movies), but the director seems to have been going for a 2001 feel and that just does not work for Trek.
Trek is about action and suspense as part of the story, and TMP never really delivers any.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was with the whole 'look' of TFF anyway? I don't mean the sets/costumes etc, I mean what shitty film were they using? You get exactly the same thing with the third Indiana Jones. It's especialy noticable in the scenes with bright sunlight and desert (in both friggin movies). Hadn't they heard of filters then? Good grief!

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps