Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 22)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
I have that ship in a list as a Constitution-class USS Hood...

No, the Hood was 1703, this is new (though the Hood was probably the intent at the time.) A quick search at Memory Beta shows 1707 was used for the USS Ranger in a few of the old Academy games, make of that what you will.

I wonder what those other three ships are supposed to be. They look a little small for Mirandas, but then I suppose it's just a graphic and the Excelsior isn't to scale either. Even still it won't fit through those doors. [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Along with the Excelsior refit being discussed in this thread, there's also a concept sketch of the Suliban Helix. This one takes the name of the station very literally.

Also an Ent-E bridge schematic, which some may find useful. I can't remember if blueprints of the bridge set have been printed in any books over the years.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Pup model from DS9.

What looks like the engineering section on a K't'inga, that they've claimed is part of the scimitar.

Picard's toys don't have much luck.

A Zaranite probably from the Federation Council, although according to MA they were also in TMP, TFF and TUC.

An unexciting section of the Dominion base that Martok launched his cavalry raid on.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The so called Scimitar piece looks like a wing mounting from a Klingon BoP.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Johnny's right. It's the engineering section of a Klingon battlecruiser.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
No, the Hood was 1703, this is new (though the Hood was probably the intent at the time.)

What evidence indicates that was the intent?
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That fact that it was before the Okudaic assignments & previous usage of FJ works in the background?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Johnny
Member # 878

This week they have the San Francisco Yards, but they're in a real mess. I thought they restored and modified the model for Generations, but judging from this, I thought wrong. That or the parts that are for sale are what was removed and replaced with new parts for GEN.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, those are a removed midframe segment & a piece from the top pulled to put the clamps for E-B on there.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New item eBay items:
Archer's spaceship model

USS Defiant revisions

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh. Those revisions would be perfect additions for the Mission Gamma novels...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of a piece of concept art for the Defiant which also has protrusion around the front of the ship.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting. I'm more interested in the Archer model, because we can use the dimensions (33 X 27 X 6 inches) to extrapolate the size of the ship the model was built for. Anyone got an estimate on how big those pilots are supposed to be?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Shik
Member # 343

Ugh. So glad they didn't use those.

quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
Anyone got an estimate on how big those pilots are supposed to be?

Uhh...I'm guessing the size of a man. That'd just, y'know, a wild guess.

--------------------

Kobi
Member # 1360

- posted      Profile for Kobi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, does anyone know if those are regular model pilots are that you and me could purchase in any model shop?

My first guess is was that those are 1:16 scale pilots, because a rough comparison between shoulder width and model beam gave me ~4 cm which is twice the width of my car model driver seats (1:32). A 1.80 m person would be 11.25 cm high. However this could be a bit too large if the model has a draft of 15 cm and the cabin is obviously not that high.

Also the detail of the figures speaks a bit more for a smaller scale which would be 1:32. For which I think I would settle. So:
Length: 21.95 m
Beam: 26.82 m
Draft: 4.88 m

--------------------
Visit Andorian's office, with new section all about Kzinti!

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps