Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Starships from Novels and Computer Games (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Starships from Novels and Computer Games
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since it's now brought up, i dug out the only 3 Trek Novels I have (with exception of New Frontier), and was looking up ships. Almost all are currently in that list right there, with a few minor exceptions. The ships from TNG #42 Infiltrator are:
USS Marconi (I don't know where you got Aeolus Class from...)
USS Raymond Z. Gallun
USS Titov
USS Eando Bander
USS Belfast
USS Discovery (no class given, so probably different from your Nebula class one)
USS Cutty Sark
I also think there is a USS Crazy Horse, but I can't find it.

From TNG #45 Intellivore:
USS Pathfinder (Picard served on her)
USS Marignano (described as half the size of the E-D, primary hull half with width but engineering hull about the same size. She also had long nacelles, equal in length to the E-Ds. She is a long-range science vessel)
USS Oraidhe
USS Constellation

And from TOS #73 Recovery:
USS Recovery (this ship has over 70 decks!)
USS Paladin
USS Starhawk (I'm not certain, but I think the Starhawk is described as only having one nacelle or something, but I know both Paladin and Starhawk are ships smaller then the Enterprise)

Oh well, just a little two cents to add there...

------------------
"Can you pull in the leviathan with a fishhook or tie down his tongue with a rope? Can you put a cord through his nose or pierce his jaw with a hook? Will he keep begging you for mercy? Will he speak to you with gentle words? Will he make an agreement with you for you to take him as your slave for life? Can you make a pet of him like a bird or put him on a leash for your girls? Will traders barter for him? Will they divide him up among the merchants? Can you fill his hide with harpoons or his head with fishing spears. If you lay a hand on him, you will remember the struggle and never do it again!" -Job 41:1 - Job 41:8

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Along with the Defiant Class Monitor and the Galaxy Class Challenger in ST: The Return, there was also a Miranda Class that was said to have been at Wolf 359 that the Borg captured. Can't remember the name right now though...

------------------
"All you people, can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Everytime we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life"

-Backstreet Boys

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
359: The U.S.S. Crazy Horse was mentioned in TNG's 'Conspiracy', I think.
That may be what you're thinking of.

------------------
"Fire, Fire!" said Mrs O'Dwyer.
"Where, where?" said Mrs O'Hare.
"Down in the town." said Mrs Brown.
"Lord bless us and save us"
said old Mrs Davis.
"I never knew a herring was a fish."

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To add to what others have said about The Return (ick):

Picard speculated that the Miranda was the USS Hoagland, which went missing at Wolf 359. It was too far assimilated to get a name or registry, though.

At the beginning, there's a USS Farragut NCC-60597 heading up the salvage effort at Veridian III. Its class is never mentioned, but it has a crew complement of 640 before it's destroyed by the Avatar of Tomed (Borg-enhanced Rommie D'Deridex).

Don't know if you want shuttles, but Salatrel sticks Kirk on a Montreal-class. It's ugly, it's single-nacelled, it's the frying pan design in shuttle form.

Now I have to raid my bookshelf...

[This message has been edited by Lt. Tom (edited October 31, 1999).]

IP: Logged
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The U.S.S. Marquand was the Excalibur's runabout until it got destroyed in NF#2

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page

I am Canadian

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think in anotehr of Shatner's (evil) books, there was a runabout named St. Lawerence.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

bonecrusher
Ex-Member

The St. Lawerence was a runabout that fired Quantum Torp's. Also the Monitor Defiant had been fitted with a stolen Borg transwarp drive, and it was black and stealthy, also the Borg Homeworld was the machine planet that assimilated V'ger! Also one more thing, the Borg Unicomplex in Voyager's Dark Frontier, was it the borg homeworld?

------------------
"I Got two words for you.. S*uck it!"-DeGeneration X
Oh Hell Ya there back!

Bonecrusher
http://members.xoom.com/smartiee

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Crazy Horse is Excelsior Class. I'm talking about the Miranda Class that Picard and Crusher see when the Borg cube they stow away in comes into that complex. It's also next to a Klingon ship that the Borg captured.

------------------
"All you people, can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Everytime we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life"

-Backstreet Boys

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As stated before, that was the USS Hoagland.

Postscript: Just for the record, Michael_T, are you a guy?

------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. Alright, give me the bomb" -Ultra Magnus, Fight or Flee

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are all guys. Except for the rest of us, who are girls.

Or, as I like to call 'em, guys and dolls. I of course am a genderless metaphysical representation of the planetary system in which you live.

And the unicomplex was not the Borg "homeworld".

------------------
"Stirs a large iron pot. Casting a spell on Vermont."
--
John Linnell

TerraZ
Ex-Member

I think that in reference to "Generations", the Farragut is a Nebula. Can anyone get the class name for the shuttle that Riker uses to fire at the Romulan attack ships on Veridian?

------------------
-Doctor: We'll defend ourselves! They won't get what they're after!
-Aliens: Huh?
-Doctor: I mean, YOU won't get what you're after!
ECH to Hierarchy vessel in VOY "Tinker, Tenor, Doctor Spy"

-Where were you when the brains were handed out?
*Obscure reference. Try to guess were it's from*

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

TerraZ, you mean The Return? The shuttles at Veridian III were Tesla-class. I don't see where the Farragut's class was identified, but there may be something later in the book (e.g., "They've already destroyed a Nebula-class starship...").

[This message has been edited by Lt. Tom (edited November 02, 1999).]

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

DS9 #16 Invasion! 3: Time's Enemy.

USS Mukaikubo: Galaxy-class vessel under command of Captain Regitz; used by the Unclean to hoard warp cores
USS Breedlove: another Galaxy
Sreba: Vulcan science vessel; gutted by the Unclean in the Gamma Quadrant

TerraZ
Ex-Member

Lt.Tom: Well, "The Return" is sorta the sequel to "Generations" and at the end Picard and Riker are transported to the Faragut (which I always assumed was the Nebula class ship at the end). Are there any other ship named Faragut in the TNG era (haven't checked SWDAO yet)?

------------------
-Continuity is irrelevant.
Established lore will be adapted to fit our purpose.
From now on, the writers will service our financial interests.
Protests are futile!
*Borg Collective after assimilating TPTB*

-Where were you when the brains were handed out?
*Try to guess where this is from.*

-I hate my life...
*Extra crewman who has just been given a name and is about to die...*

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Nebula at the end of Generations was USS Farragut, NCC-60597.

------------------
"Agh! Save me from the wee turtles!"
-Groundskeeper Willy, The Simpsons

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps