Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Starships from Novels and Computer Games (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Starships from Novels and Computer Games
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you look at my profile, you'll find the answer Ultra. Look very carefully.

------------------
"All you people, can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Everytime we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life"

-Backstreet Boys

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael_T: I'm not trying to pry, or anything. I just saw your name was 'Michael', and read your profile and saw that you were involved with a 'Justin', and I thought...you know. But, hey I'm a cool guy, that stuff's alright with me. I've heard of girls with Michael as a first name, and my first name is Michael as well, I've just never met a female Michael.

Anyway,

Thanks for the input, I've been reading up and scribbling down ships from books I borrowed from the library, but still probably don't have 1/10th the ships there are. Any more contributions would be appreciated.

------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. Alright, give me the bomb" -Ultra Magnus, Fight or Flee

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will continue posting from my list as soon as I have time enough to print it out (you see, its on a list that doesn't interface with IBM-compatible software.)

------------------
'In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to Liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ---- Thomas Jefferson

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason, I thought Shatner wouldn't slaughter a canon starship. (Of course, he slaughters canon throughout his books, so why would I think that? )

I have the ships from TOS #78 Invasion! 1: First Strike, but other than the frigate Great Lakes and the Fury ship they're all Klink BoPs. Are we including other emps' ships in this, or is it a Feddie-only list?

[This message has been edited by Lt. Tom (edited November 06, 1999).]

IP: Logged
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other races would be welcomed, Lt. Tom.

------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. Alright, give me the bomb" -Ultra Magnus, Fight or Flee

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UMagnus: Just thought I'd let you know that I used to be a massive Transformers fan. My interest has fallen since the cartoon ended though.

Is that Transformers virus double episode the last one? I remember it having the resurrection of good old Op Prime. It was the last one that aired over here (West Australia).

Some of the toys are worth amazing amounts these days

Oh yeah, my first name is also Michael. Dax is my real surname, too.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After "The Return of Optimus Prime" came "Rebirth," which wasn't that great but is available on video today.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Okay, what's an MSD?" - Rick Sternbach

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Frank. Was "Rebirth" the last episode? It annoys me to think that I've seen everything but the last episode. They never repeat it over here anymore either

Oh yeah, did you know that Leonard Nimoy did the voice of Galvatron in the movie? I can't remember if he continued on for the later cartoons.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, "Rebirth" (a 3-part episode) was the last one. It didn't really seem like a conclusion to the series, though...more of a way to introduce the year 4 toys.

Frank Welker, voice of Megatron and every other cartoon character ever (look up his voice credits), did Galvatron after the movie.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Okay, what's an MSD?" - Rick Sternbach

Member # 239

Good ol' Oppie was voiced by Peter Cullen, so was Ironhide.

In the movie there was an abundance of 'higher echelon' stars voicing characters. Robert Stack voiced Ultra Magnus, Judd Nelson was Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime, Eric Idle was Wreck-Gar and Orson Welles [!!] was Unicron.

Back on topic: I just bought TOS #29: "DREADNOUGHT!", and it has a couple of ship names, most from fandom, which is kinda wierd.

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you want ships from SFC? I have it for a week, so I can get quite a few names for you...

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page

I am Canadian

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay. After fartin' and foolin' around with SFC for about 20 minutes, I got the following names:

New Jersey Class Dreadnought

U.S.S. Federation NCC-2100
U.S.S. Star League NCC-2101
U.S.S. Konkordium NCC-2106
U.S.S. Concordat NCC-2109
U.S.S. Directorate NCC-2110
U.S.S. Alliance NCC-2113
U.S.S. Ulysses NCC-7850

Kirov Class Battlecruiser

U.S.S. Kirov NCC-1751
U.S.S. Ogarkov NCC-1763
U.S.S. Bunker Hill NCC-1767
U.S.S. Saber NCC-1769

Shepard* Class Frigate

U.S.S. Shepard NCC-150
U.S.S Perry NCC-303
U.S.S. Jellico NCC-306
U.S.S. De Gaulle NCC-311
U.S.S. Montgomery NCC-328
U.S.S. Harwood NCC-335
U.S.S. Jason NCC-343
U.S.S. Shaw NCC-349
U.S.S. Bailiff NCC-
U.S.S. Gate Keeper NCC-
U.S.S. Justice NCC-

Rommel** Class Destroyer

U.S.S. Saladin NCC-500
U.S.S. Rahman NCC-514
U.S.S. Pazuzu NCC-521
U.S.S. RE Lee NCC-536

Miranda Class Light Cruiser
U.S.S. Chicago NCC-1651
U.S.S. Philadelphia NCC-1655
U.S.S. Beijing NCC-1657

Yamato Class Battleship

U.S.S. Kali NCC-2154

Unknown Class Freighter

S.S. Langhorn� NGL�-3828

*I'm calling this the Bismarck class because it's the lowest known registry number

**I'm calling this the Saladin class because it's the lowest known registry number

�To the best of my knowledge, this is the name. Must check on that...

�I'm assuming this is the prefix. I'm not sure, though...

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page

I am Canadian

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited November 08, 1999).]

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the Saladin is actually called the Akula Class.

------------------
"Can you pull in the leviathan with a fishhook or tie down his tongue with a rope? Can you put a cord through his nose or pierce his jaw with a hook? Will he keep begging you for mercy? Will he speak to you with gentle words? Will he make an agreement with you for you to take him as your slave for life? Can you make a pet of him like a bird or put him on a leash for your girls? Will traders barter for him? Will they divide him up among the merchants? Can you fill his hide with harpoons or his head with fishing spears. If you lay a hand on him, you will remember the struggle and never do it again!" -Job 41:1 - Job 41:8

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Nope. This is the Akula class.

More ships from SFC:

New Jersey Class Dreadnought
U.S.S. Star Union NCC-1055

Shepard Class Frigate
U.S.S. Hosegawa NCC-348
U.S.S. Chacka NCC-352
U.S.S. Kripney NCC-388
U.S.S. Skorzeny NCC-387
U.S.S. Sulaco NCC-390
U.S.S. Higgens NCC-410

Rommel Class Destroyer
U.S.S. Rommel NCC-336
U.S.S. Buford NCC-400
U.S.S. Cardot NCC-420
U.S.S. Darius NCC-502
U.S.S. Hannibal NCC-512
U.S.S. Shaitan NCC-519
U.S.S. Golda Meir NCC-525
U.S.S. Suvarov NCC-535
U.S.S. Leonidus NCC-538
U.S.S. King David NCC-540*
U.S.S. David NCC-540*
U.S.S. DeForest Kelley NCC-**

Miranda Class Light Cruiser
U.S.S. Renown NCC-1504

Constitution II Class Heavy Cruiser
U.S.S. Hastings NCC-1671

Unkown Class Freigher
S.S. Postage Due
S.S. Cancelled Check
S.S. Trust No One
S.S. Cassini NGL-3824

*?
**There was a registry there, but I forgot to write it down. Nice of them to have a tribute to De, eh?

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page

I am Canadian

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited November 07, 1999).]

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So for the Dreadnoughts and Destroyers they're (mostly) using names straight out of the Star Fleet Technical Manual but with a different design for the ships.

Okay, that ties in with this being an adaptation of the Star Fleet Battles game. (For those that don't know SFB was never licensed by Paramount but was allowed to use material from the Star Fleet Tech Manual, which was licensed by Paramount, wierd or what?)

BTW are there any SFB players out there? I'd like some info on some of the ships invented for that game. In particular the Federation NCL.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps