Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Enterprise D's Runabout (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Enterprise D's Runabout
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ency does contradict the theory because it has a separate entry for the holoship. Why list the holoship separately if it is the Ticonderoga?

The Ency says that "the Ticonderoga reported to the Ba'ku homeworld in 2375 to facilitate the planet becoming a Federation protectorate." This sounds a bit odd to me. The Federation were hardly trying to "protect" the Ba'ku in Insurrection (other than Picard's rebel group). Maybe the Ticonderoga was meant to arrive after the Ent-E left at the end of the movie.

The book "Secrets of ST:Insurrection" has a early sketch of the holoship featuring a more traditional starship look (instead of a box). The thing that grabs my attention is that it has a rego NX-75115. Could this mean that the final holoship has the same rego? It would also mean that the scout can't belong to the holoship.

Anyway, there's my thoughts for the moment.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the article in Star Trek: The Magazine, it shows multiple sketches of what the freighter was supposed to be. The 2 sketches that actually look like a starship instead of a brick both have the registry NX-75115.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the idea of the Ticonderoga arriving afterwards. That would explain why we never heard from them. I think I'm also going to stick with the theory that the holoship is a converted freighter (not the Ticonderoga).

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ticonderoga might have even supplied the Enterprise with a new warp core outside the Patch. After all, it would take absolutely ages for the E to get to a starbase without warp.

It's a shame the Ent-E doesn't have a spare core like Voyager.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The novelization seems to use Ticonderoga in that sense: she's supposed to arrive to mop up after the Enterprise has done all the hard work. Then again, the novelization is very different from the actual movie.

I still don't have my video of Insurrection (the 25th
is approaching, though), but I hope it will feature at least some of the scenes cut from the theatrical release. The theater version of the ending was far superior to the original version, though - hooray for preview audiences and last-ditch rewrites!

As for Voyager's spare core: perhaps Intrepids in general are supposed to have one, which is why the MSD has one - but the Voyager specifically does not carry one, explaining the instances where plots hinge on just a single core being available. Perhaps Janeway opted to sail out without one, as delivery was delayed? Or then she had to eject before reaching DS9? In any case, the core should have been lost before "Caretaker", where Janeway chooses to repair the primary core even though this risks the whole ship.

Timo Saloniemi

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Captain, why don't we just use the spare core?"

"We don't have one."

"Why not?"

"It was supposed to arrive... on Tuesday."

------------------
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach him to use the 'net, and he won't bother you for weeks.

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited December 13, 1999).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's also possible that Voyager no longer has a complete spare.

"Captain, magnetic constrictor segments 3 through 10 are starting to go bad. We can't replicate more."

"Well, take some from the spare warp core."

------------------
"I wish that everything went just as I wish everything would go."
--
John Linnell

Relativity Ironhorse
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question about the Delta Flyer.
In some of the Voyager episodes, we have seen the cockpit area of the ship. I am not sure if the Ice planet episode where they make it back to the Alpha Quadrant featured Harry Kim in the rear area of the Delta Flyer or not. But my question is does the Delta Flyer only have a cockpit section or it that storage/sleeping area part of the Delta Flyer?

------------------
"Science has a simple faith, which transcends utility. "

Vannevar Bush (1890�1974), U.S. electrical engineer, physicist.

IP: Logged
Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that second part is part of the Delta Flyer. It is also seen in the episodes
very minor $$$

'Thirty Days' Season 5,'Riddlers' in season 6, and 'One Small Step' in season 6. If anyone remembers any others...

------------------
Quark-"Stop. Or I'll disintigrate this hostage."

20th Century General-"With Your Finger?"

Quark-"With my death ray."

20th Century General-"Looks alot like a finger to me."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Riddles"

Also, Ironhorse, just a thought, but you may get more answers to your question if you post your own thread on the topic in the Starships & Tech section. That way everybody can see it and share their wisdom :-)

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps