Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Delta Flyer Torpedo Launcher (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Delta Flyer Torpedo Launcher
Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if there is any confusion.
The photonic missile launchers: http://members.xoom.com/avalonsector/junk/deltatorpanim.gif

------------------
Navigator-"Heading, Sir?"
Kirk-"Out there...somewhere...out thatta-way."--Star Trek: TMP

Trip Tucker
Member # 297

- posted      Profile for Trip Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing as I haven't seen the episode yet, I'm still saying it's the deflector dish. That's my story and I'm sticking to it *grins*. My theory is that, in the episode, someone has configured the deflector into a weapon. We have seen it before, after all.......
----------------------
It is offensive, fortunately taste is irrelevant.
-Seven of Nine

TerraZ
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I keep saying that it's not because we see it that's it's true. The E-D once fired a number of phaser beams from its tractor beam emitters in that Darmok episode. The tractor beam for crying out loud! And we have Voyager venting anti-matter through its nacelles. And a four decks-high holodeck in the same said ship. And a couple of mini-borg being blown into space from the cargo bay of that same darn ship. And two phased crewman who can pass through solid objects (except the floor) who can still breath non-phased air (that last one is excusable since realism would have killed the ep. anyway).

You have to draw a line between what can and can't be accepted. If all we see is canon (I absolutely HATE that word) then Scorpion II proved that Voyager is either twice as big as believed of Seven's Borg friends somehow shrunk when exposed to space.

There. I said it. What a relief!

------------------
-If you ask me, I think continuity is highly overrated...
*Brannon Braga*

-So, you do it out of hate! Good! That's an emotion I can trust...
*Megatron - Beast Wars*

[This message has been edited by TerraZ (edited February 10, 2000).]

IP: Logged
Trip Tucker
Member # 297

- posted      Profile for Trip Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know.....Seven's mini-Borg friends made Deck 8 look like it was at least 3-4 decks high! They looked like tiny mice being sucked out into space!
----------------
It is offensive, fortunately taste is irrelevant.
-Seven of Nine

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually in Darmok, the phasers were coming out of the torpedo launchers, but it's still pretty crappy anyway.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps